Thread: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD both headphones and speakers work simultaneously on Windows

Creative X-Fi Titanium HD both headphones and speakers work simultaneously on Windows

I think it is a good idea that we can enable the headphones and RCA out simultaneously. The X-Fi HD has two outputs: 1 headphone that supports up to 330ohms (3.5mm jack) and a pair of RCA Stereo for the Line Out Front. Since there are two outputs, by enabling both of them at the same time, saves a lot of inconvenience of plugging in and out and I have to kneel down to the back of the computer to do so. Please enable this function through a driver update. Those who agrees with me please join in! Thanks!

Re: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD both headphones and speakers work simultaneously on Windows

I was going to buy this sound card as I could hook up my Logitech z-2300 to the l + r analog rca outputs and my headset creative fatal1ty mkii to the headphone and mic outputs. Since you can’t choose which to use because of the software I will be purchasing a creative titanium fatal1ty soundcard instead. Also looks like auzentech drivers allow you to choose between the two outputs manually with software why this case with the harddisk, engineers isn’t should have thought of this when putting a rear headphone jack with the card.

Re: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD both headphones and speakers work simultaneously on Windows

The thread is about the "Automatically mute speakers" checkbox that’s there. The titanium HD does not have that option and it sorely needs it as we have to keep plugging in the headphones and taking them out again afterwards as it automatically mutes the speakers. The older X-Fi's can change this behavior, the xonar STX has the option to manually select which to output from so creative’s new flagship card should have this as well.

I can't believe that I even have to add myself to this petition. I bought this card despite its strange output configuration because I game with headphones and listen to music with stereo speakers. I thought wow straight audiofile stereo and dedicated headphone jacks? This thing is going to be great! Then when it arrived today I had to scour the forums to find out why I couldn't get sound out of my speakers with my head phones plugged in. Creative if you are listening this card might as well be broken because no one is going to crawl on the floor and unplug/replug their headphones whenever they want to switch between headphones and speakers. I am aware I can connect my front panel audio (finally), but it is my understanding that the dedicated headphone jacks on the rear of the card are much higher quality. Please fix this problem.

I have a suggestion: Make the driver have a switch that makes the soundcard think that there are no headphones inside the card! It’s technically the same as the headphones not being there when you make it think that it's not there. PLEASE! I’m frustrated right now. Can't really send it back to where i bought it from and can't really expect too much at the moment so please, make your customers life easier or Creative will lose its rep sooner or later.

Can anyone give us some kind of indication that you will or will not add a software feature that allows the user to switch between the headphone output and the RCA outputs? Getting on the floor and climbing under a desk to physically disconnect the headphones any time I want to listen to my speakers is extremely inconvenient. Your competition offers this feature. Why don't you? Was this capability intentionally withheld in order to incentivize people to purchase a front panel I/O drive at a later date when it becomes available?

Creative should do it like Asus: Two independent settings, one to select how many channels games/programs see (stereo, 5.1, and 7.1) and one to select the actual output type (e.g. headphone). This is one thing that bugs me about the Titanium HD anyway: With past X-Fi cards, you could select 7.1 as speakers in windows and have virtual 7.1 over headphones. However the Titanium HD only allows 5.1 to be selected in windows. The card still accepts and virtualizes 7.1 sources however, so it would be a simple driver change. Not that the difference between virtual 5.1 and 7.1 is that big, but still. They probably restricted the number of channels because 5.1 is the most real channels you can get with this card. I guess Creative's devs don't even realize that this use case (select 5.1/7.1 in windows so games output surround sound, then down mix to virtual surround via CMSS-3D Headphone) exists.