Thread: X-FI Titanium HD and Intel P67 when switching audio modes sound disappears

X-FI Titanium HD and Intel P67 when switching audio modes sound disappears

When switching audio modes sound disappears most of the time, sometimes it switches ok. Now this didn’t occur on my Asus Sabertooth X58 board, it happened with my Gigabyte P67 motherboard. Then lately with the new P67 boards i decided to try the MSI P67 and guess what, same problems exists. At other times, while starting the computer, and launching the Creative control panel, it says no supported device found and i have to re installs the drivers. This is getting to be very annoying, i love this sound card, sounds amazing, everything is great, if only i can fix this problem; it seems to be a driver issue.

Re: X-FI Titanium HD and Intel P67 when switching audio modes sound disappears

I have the same problem with losing sound sometimes when switching modes, also in Win 7 64bit. I'm using an nvidia 780i motherboard with a Core 2 Duo CPU, and also have a GTX 570. But 1 of my friend told me to check this: have you ever checked if when this occurs you can see all audio outputs in audio playback devices panel? I may have similar problem and when this happens it's related with "speakers" disappearing from "audio playback devices" Hope this helps you.

I lose sound when switching modes and when I plug headphones (no sound in headphones) into the front panel I/O drive. The system requires a reboot to restore sound. I removed all Creative drivers and the front panel I/O drive worked when headphones where plugged in. System details:

ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67
    Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
    CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 1600
    OCZ Vertex II 120GB (SSD)
    Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 7200 RPM
    XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5
    Creative PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    PC Power and Cooling S75CF 750W

I have exactly the same issue as the above user.
    P8P67 Deluxe (rev B2 - waiting for swap out)
    i7 2600k
    8GB ram
    X-Fi Titanium (SB0880)
    Headphones connected through front panel audio connector to case (no drive bay). MS drivers work fine; install creative ones and the sound goes as soon as you plug the headphone in, requiring reboot to fix. I have a support case open. Running Win7 x64 SP1 here.

I chased up CL support this morning, directing them to this thread. They said they are "still investigating my issue" (it's been about a week since I told them that the problem can be reproduced on a clean Win7 Sp1 install with only the Intel Chipset and Creative drivers installed). They thanked me for the forum thread reference (which indicates to me there is very little feedback from this forum to CL normally - otherwise they'd have known about it already). Hopefully they'll figure out that they have work to do in the driver department. I do hope this isn't a >4 GB ram type issue all over again.

I never thought of it this way. i was not aware you can still use the console launcher with MS creative drivers. But what does not make sense is there were no driver issues at all for years. Whether it is an AMD chipset or 1156 1366 vice versa. Now it seems to be more of a chipset issue. i am assuming how the bus works on the platform. They probably just need to tweak a few things here and there.
    This is what I tried,
    I clean install win7 x64 no sp1
    I clean install win7 x64 with sp1
    I diff pci-e slots
    I updated my bios.
    Now before other people started to crop up i returned my p8p67 deluxe board and awaiting sabertooth p67 not that it would probably make no difference at all

I have exactly the same problem. ( P8P67 + Titanium HD + SSD OCZ Revo )
    Any new solutions ?