Thread: Cheapest 2 TB Hard Drive with RAID support

Cheapest 2 TB Hard Drive with RAID support

I own a 1 tb hdd and now want to go for a 2tb hdd i have been searching a suitable one for me for a long time and haven’t been able to come to a conclusion over it. i had an external one but it got some how damaged and all the data on the drive was lost. i got it replaced from the company but the company did not provide a reasonable solution to retrieve my data. Ever since that happened i really think twice before going for a 2 tb hdd now i want to know whether a two tb internal is safer on an external one.

re: Cheapest 2 TB Hard Drive with RAID support

Hello there it’s not the question of which one is safer but which one will suit you the best and prove useful for you. First you will have to figure that out. if you have multiple computers or work site where u want to use the hdd you can choose to go for an external one or if you have no such need for data mobility you can always go for an internal one it’s sad that you lost your data but to state the truth only the 5% percent of the data what we save is useful and unique to a user other than that music and movies are all we can get back again from the internet or other read only sources.

There are many descent 2tb hdd available in the market it depends on how much you are ready to spend on the hdd the price often depends on the rpm, size, how quiet it runs and its capacity to stay cool. The best hdd for a home user is to get a 7400 rpm seagate 2 tb hdd (barracuda) because it’s really cheap and the after sales service is very great. I own one of those myself it’s an internal 2 tb hdd and it work great to store all my games, movies and songs.

Hey friend i have a few hdd names from which u can choose from: Seagate ST32000542AS 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate STAC2000100 2 TB Free Agent Go Flex External Drive, Western Digital WD20EARS 2TB Hard Drive - Green, Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate 2 TB USB 2.0 Expansion External Desktop Drive, Western Digital 2TB Elements External Hard Drive - Black, Seagate Barracuda ST2000DL003 2 TB Internal Hard Drive, HP HD20000Z 2 TB External Hard Drive USB 2.0 - 7200 rpm.

Hey u can take a look at these and I think it would prove enough for you. You need to be careful with storing all the data on the disk always keep on defragmenting the disk and try not to format it again and again don’t ever try to create partition and delete and create again you might end up creating bad sectors in the disk just maintain these few disciplines and you may never lose your data ever again and also if u go for an internal one never handle the disk again and again and never try to move the disk while it’s running cause the cylinders inside run on thousands of rpm and you may end up damaging it and for external disks just take care of the micro USB port cause most of times the port on the disk gets damaged on the disk and try not to drop it while moving it other than that there are no other thing you have to be concerned over.