Thread: Cannot get Microphone Effects Tab

Cannot get Microphone Effects Tab

Hi all, I have just bought a new Fatality MKII Headset, and I am looking for Microphone Effects tab to activate Silencer. But the problem is that I am not able to find the Microphone Effects tab. It does not exist on my console. I am having the Windows 7 x64 on my computer. I have tried all the things that I know to resolve the problem but it was just waste of my time. Is there anyone who can tell me the solution for this issue? I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Cannot get Microphone Effects Tab

I think that you are having the outdated driver installed in your computer and because of that you are facing this problem. So if you think I am correct then you can just upgrade the driver to the latest version available and see if this can solve the issue. I have seen some of the cases not exactly the same but very similar to this where installing the latest driver solves the issue and I hope that it will do the same for you. Thank you.

Below is the solution for your problem. Just try this out and let me know if it helps you or not.
    1. Delete all with Creative in name (regedit; program files; program data; appdata, etc.).
    2. Download drivers for Windows 7 x64, and Console Launcher for Windows 7 x64.
    3. Insert Installation CD (delivered with sound card).
    4. Install what do you need, but make sure you UNCHECKED driver and Console Launcher.
    5. Reboot computer.
    6. Launch Console Launcher, select Mixer tab, click on arrow above REC, select Microphone (not Microphone FP, but Microphone).
    7. Click settings, then Microphone Effects tab, then check Silencer, or/and VoiceFX.

I am also facing exact same issue. I tried the 'fix' he gave, by uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers and the console launcher, but to no avail. This 'Microphone Effects' tab is nowhere to be found, nor is it visible in the settings window. You can refer to the image posted at the beginning of this thread for EXACTLY the view I have of the settings windows. Sorry to hijack an old thread, but since it was never truly resolved by a knowledgeable user, I'm left completely in the dust with no access to these highly advertised features of both the FataL1ty series sound card, and the FataL1ty series MKII headset. No voice effects features, no silencer features, since the software (at least the most up-to-date software that I've acquired by auto-update) doesn't even have the access to them.

What is the Creative sound card do you have installed? Is this a X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty or a X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty ? You will need the X-Fi Titanium series card for this feature, earlier X-Fi series are not supported. In order to have the Voice FX and Silencer features, you need to install the latest driver and application from our Support Website. You should at least install XFTI_PCDRV_LB_2_17_0007.exe for the driver and version 2.61.35 for the Creative Console Launcher.

The best way for you is to contact the customer support and put this issue in front of them. They will tell you that what is the problem with that and how can you resolve this issue. They know that what is the exact problem and what is the solution for this issue. This is the first thing that you need to do in the cases like this and you will get the perfect answer from them. Please reply back with the reply that they give you so that other users can take the benefit of that.