Thread: Failed to install the audio drivers for World of Warcraft Wireless Headset

Failed to install the audio drivers for World of Warcraft Wireless Headset

I don’t know the reason behind this but I am not able to install the audio drivers on my computer for the World of Warcraft Wireless headset. During installation with the USB transmitter plugged in the computer, the drivers stop installing at 71%. If I install the Audio Drivers without the USB transmitter plugged in, installation is completed; however, once I reboot and connect the USB transmitter, Windows 7 driver installation will pop up and attempt to install the drivers and it will never get completed. When I uninstall the audio drivers for the Wireless Headset, Windows 7 then recognizes it and is able to be used minus the functionality of the Audio Control Panel. I don't know what to do. I am having the Windows 7 64-bit Home premium. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Re: Failed to install the audio drivers for World of Warcraft Wireless Headset

I am having doubt that this is something to do with how your windows 7 permissions are set for prompting. Like if you need to give some special permission for the install to take place at this time? So make sure that you are having the proper rights before trying to install that in your computer. First extract the drivers install with the help of the winrar then do the install from the extracted files. I hope that this will help you.

The best way that I can suggest you is to contact the customer support and enquire them regarding the issue. They are the people who know that what are the possible issues that can be occurred and what is the possible solution for this. This is the best way and you should try this first in order to resolve this. I wish that you will get it resolved soon.

I have also faced this problem earlier. My problem was for some reason my graphics card. The driver wasn't up to date (only a couple of months old) and evidently was interfering with the installation of the software. The only reason I know this is because I started a clean boot with only the essential things running in the background, and since this is a brand new PC the only things I had installed was the Graphics Card driver and Firewall. The software installed just fine with these two things not running in the background. Hope this helps anyone else having this problem. Also, turns out Creative does have a customer support phone number, although good luck finding it on their website (doesn't exist) you have to complain to them via e-mail before they will give it up. Also, make sure you call them before your 60 days are up (since you bought the product) otherwise your screwed.

I think that the driver package that you have downloaded is corrupted and that is the reason that you are not able to install that in your computer. So if that is the case then you will have to download the driver package over again and then install that from the newly downloaded one. This might not be the exact solution for this issue but you can try it to make sure that the downloaded setup is not corrupted.