Thread: Wireless headset error while driver installs windows

Wireless headset error while driver installs windows

I was installing drivers which I downloaded from the creative website and around half way through the install this error message popped up "error in launching C:\windows\temp\CRF001\mint64.exe", the install proceeded anyway and kept install before I even hit the ok button on the error box. After the reboot and installation for the latest firmware, I rebooted again. I paired the headset up to the usb stick after the 8 hour battery charge and tried to open the audio control panel and it said that it couldn't find the device. I checked device manager and it shows the headset is working fine and all my other applications like vent also see that the headset is there. Even the ALchemy program which came with the install can't find it. I am running windows 7 64 bit. Anyone know what’s going wrong?

Re: Wireless headset error while driver installs windows

This is seemed to be the problem with the driver that is installed in your computer and that is the reason that you are facing the problem like this. The driver installed in your computer might be corrupted. So my suggestion to you is to search for the latest driver available on internet and then install that on your computer. I am saying this because I have seen many of the cases like this where installing the updated driver resolves the problem and I hope that it will do the same for you as well.

For your temporary directory entries, you can try this. If you have WinRar, WinZip, WinAce or even 7-Zip, right click the executable and choose extract to and extract the files to any folder you wish. Then open that folder and run the installer manually. Sometimes the Creative Labs programs have a problem when creating a folder in the Windows temporary directory. If that does not work, you can try this for a longshot. That is a product identification patch for X-FI's and it is designed to fix the detection of those cards under Windows 7. Perhaps this would work for you, it is small and you could always create a system restore point, install it, and if you don’t like it, uninstall it and restore back.

If you are having the option then you can go to the start and run. There you will have to type %tmp% and after that select ok. If you do this then it will open the temp folder. Choose all the files and folders and delete them. Once you are done with this then you will have to do the same as above and this time, type temp and choose ok. Do the same here. After that try running the driver package and see how that goes for you.

You can install the software CD that must be came along with the headset. This software contains the interface that will turn on the earcups' lights, etc. I did use the EQ to tweak the headset, and I am actually running the headset and my X-FI Titanium at the same time. I downloaded the software from internet and had problems with the software screwing my Titanium's mixer, but the newest version posted cleared up all the issues I had.