Thread: Fatal1ty Pro headset's mic is not working

Fatal1ty Pro headset's mic is not working

I just bought a Fatal1ty Professional gaming headset and I am having problems with the mic. The in-line controller has an LED on it that doesn't light up when I plug it into my onboard sound port. I went to another computer I owned and plugged it into the onboard sound port and the LED lit up. The mic works on the other computer but won't work on mine. I am assuming that the mic isn't getting any power when it's plugged into mine? I went out and bought a non creative brand sound card and installed it today. Turns out the LED doesn't light up on it too. I did swap in a friend's old Sound Blaster Live pci card. The LED lit up and everything works. I am guessing my onboard sound and my new pci sound card is too old for the headset. Any way I can fix this?

Re: Fatal1ty Pro headset's mic is not working

I figured this out this problem. All the creative worthless tech support. It looks that windows did not know where to look for the mic that was installed. I was able to go to windows speech recognition software and click on audio input; I after that selected my sound card and then clicked on properties. Once in properties, you make use of the drop down menu to select your microphone port. It was simple as that and creatives tech support could not pull it out. You know what I mean.

*I am having the onboard sound Realtek on my Asus P5k SE board. I plug the headset on the front panel, the led light on the controller also doesn't light up, and I tested on my other computer and it also does not light up. I have tested the mic on Counter Strike 1.6 mic test and its all distorted and echos and loud. I think that the headset I am using is faulty? Is there a driver otherwise software which comes by means of this? Please somebody assist me and I am using the Windows XP in my computer.

I have had it with Creative and the crappy products they sell. I have been buying a lot of electronic stuff over the years and all creative products have been a total disaster. mp3 players that breaks down in 6 weeks. Soundcards that doesn’t support half of the functions stated in the manual, Crappy drivers that actually gets worse when updated, and now a headset with no working mic. A mic is pretty basic stuff but still Creative manages to screw it up. I am breaking my X-Fi soundcard in half and throwing it in the garbage along with my Fatal1ty headset and my creative 5.1 speaker system.

It is nothing but the headset and ohms are not provided on that and the similar is true for sound boards. Also the port you have on your computers otherwise sound boards could have problems. All this mini-voltage and impedance stuff is very tricky trying to get all to work in sync (electronically) You just might need to clean the port before plugging in again. And be gentle, go buy a small clean make-up applicator and use Alcohol to clean off the metal parts at the plug in point. Power down and unplug your machine from the wall before you do this. If it works the first time then don't try to reinvent the wheel.

when you say "impedence stuff is very trickey trying to get all to work in sync (electronically)" do you mean the same kind of "tricky" it is to make say a working quadro core processor? Then we should all be happy AMD and Intel is taking care of that, and not creative. I just replaced the creative soundcard and headset with an asus soundcard and a Koss headset and guess what! the mic works like a charm. Im not even gonna try to sell my old creative stuff. It would feel like ripping someone off.