Thread: Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma Control Panel Freezing on open

Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma Control Panel Freezing on open

I've downloaded all the drivers and all of the required software, everything is up to date; I checked for all updates, there weren't any. So when I open the Control Panel (On Vista) it has the little loading sign, the blue circle, and then the program immediately goes to "Not Responding" and I have to use the task manager to close it. I'm not sure what's going on but the mic is really quiet and I have access to none of the effects that are supposed to come with the headset. Thank you in advance.

Re: Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma Control Panel Freezing on open

If you have Win 7 try too uninstall all drivers and install again in Win Safe Mode. But download drivers from Creative drivers to SB Tactic 3D Alpha. The drivers Alpha and Sigma are the same. Then close Safe Mode, open again in normal mode. At the beginning you will see Alpha drivers but when you up to date automatically it will change to Sigma drivers. In my case it works - all works ok.

I went through all of this and the software still hangs. Tech support reported to me that the Creative X-fi Platinum sound card I am using won't allow it to work then in their next message seemed to contradict that. I don't know but at this point I am very disappointed in Creative and I haves been using the products since 1990. The following is the responses I have received from Creative customer support regarding the THX controller software NOT working (the controller software just hangs) with my X-fi Platinum. I am very confused by the contradicting responses help please! Detailed Problem Description: Ok I have installed the Alpha/Sigma software and the control panel just hangs when it opens. I uninstalled, reinstalled in safe mode, restarted, ran update with the same results. These are sold as high-end! I have been in tech support, I am a Intel Product Dealer, and a MS System builder for years. Windows 7 prem 64, Creative SB X-FI Titanium. seems like the head set should work with this.

I am experiencing the exact same problem and have tried everything. However, I do not have the same sound card as you. I'm going to go ahead and help you out here; support didn't actually make a mistake in explaining it to you. The first answer tells you that it will not work with your sound card. This means that it doesn't take advantage / use your sound card at all if it's connected into the USB. Put simply, the USB device is a sound card in itself. I've sent an email to the address on the SoundBlaster page (since this site is full of 500 server errors today) and will see what they say. Aside from the fact that I can't use 80% of the product I have purchased, the Sigma is great.

I had just this problem when I went back to trying Windows 7 native drivers and then reverting to Creative drivers. All I had to do was reinstalling it setting my Sigma’s as the default sound device and then I was up and running again. I did all of this to try to find a reason to why my Sigma’s had such terrible crackling sound. Never the less you have tried reinstalling the whole shabang right?

Any of you are still experiencing this issue (Tactic3D Control Panel freezing and cannot be launched), please send us your NFO file. This file is collected for the purpose of troubleshooting investigation; no personal data will be collected.
    Please follow the steps below to generate your NFO file:
    1. Click on start menu> Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information
    2. Click on File saves
    3. Zip the file using WinZip or similar application
    Kindly upload the file to a free file hosting site and let us know, we will download it from there.

I am running it under Win 7 64-bit and the control panel works like a charm. As I mentioned earlier MY only experience in the freezing control panel was after a test of my headphones using win native USB sound board drivers. After that my control panel freezes. But all I had to do is to reinstall everything and then it was up and running again. My specs so that you can compare if we have anything that's similar. (One of my biggest problems seemed to disappear when I altered a setting in my BIOS.)
    CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @ 3, 16 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 @ 1066MHz
    MoBo: ASUS P5Q Deluxe
    Soundcard: Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, SoundMaX Integrated Digital HD Audio, and of course the headset.
    Graphics: Zotac GeForce 460 GTX. Wich when I come to think of it uses drivers for sound that I didn't install when I reinstalled it after clearing out all drivers for it. THAT also could have been a problem of mine.
    Well for now I don't have any great suggestions more than check what happens if you uninstall all other sound products in your computer and reinstalling them one by one if it helps. (So that you see when the error occurs again I mean)

That is attractive. Your bit about the native drivers doesn't make sense to me - you can't access the control panel without the Sigma drivers installed so how could you tell that it was freezing? Unless you mean you installed the Sigma drivers AFTER Windows auto-detect installed standard USB drivers? In which case, where is the cancel button? Also, did you have to re-install the drivers in safe mode due to an error at start-up? Lastly, since the website was not and still is not working for me, if you have the time to upload the official drivers (since I downloaded them from a 3rd party website) that would also help. Thanks! Knowledge that a fellow 64 bit Windows 7'er has no problems with the control panel is very promising!

I have the exact same problem as you do. Been using creatives headsets for a long time as well with out any problems. Tried the things that were suggested but nothing solved the problem. I have 64bit W7 as well. If anyone has had this problem but managed to fix it. Please respond.

While you first setup it the bass is means too high but you can utilize the Equalizer which belongs to the Software to build footsteps louder. It is quite simple you just have to amplify the frequencies as of 1k - 16k Hz. You can as well make equalizer profiles to toggle between for instance "Dubstep" to "CoD". That assists a lot because the sound settings for Games will wedged for Music.

Exclamation Re: Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma Control Panel Freezing on open

I am having the same problem. The headphones work great, but the control panel freezes when I open it now. I have attached my .NFO file. Please Help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by abgoel0101 View Post
    I am having the same problem. The headphones work great, but the control panel freezes when I open it now. I have attached my .NFO file. Please Help.
    First try to uninstall all the current driver by using a program called Driver Sweeper. This program will ensure that all previous driver files are completely removed. After completely removing the drivers, freshly install it again. Also your computer system should be running in high performance mode. You may need to disable any power saving features.

Ok, well I've been reading all over about this problem after I started seeing it today. I have been using the Sound Blaster Tactic(3D) Control Panel for over a month now and it just started locking up on me.

It was frustrating me all day today cause I like to tweak the settings for music, but not so much for speaking to people and I couldn't change it cause it would lock up with a little circle as my pointer and I would have to CTRL ALT DELETE > Task Manager > Processes -- and stop the program.

So! What I tried and it seems to work is... Go to Control Panel > Device Manager. For my sound driver for the Sound Blaster Tactic(3D) Sigma, the driver only shows if the headset is connected. I noticed after unplugging and plugging the headset back in. So with the headset plugged in I then uninstalled the driver, unplugged the headset then plugged the headset back in and it reinstalled the default driver that the headset come with automatically.

The program opens, and it doesn't lock up. I've tested it 2 times now to see if it's just gonna change randomly.

Good luck to all of you who may still be having this problem! Hope this helps

Still works!