Thread: New build PC but fans spin slightly and stops

New build PC but fans spin slightly and stops

Hello friends, I have built a CPU of my own with the standard configuration. It has the Intel i5 2500K (with stock cooler), Corsair TX750W power supply unit, 2x2GB Corsair 1600 MHz RAM and 460 Gb of hard disk. It has got some problem I don’t know what but whenever i start the CPU, the LED located in the front case just blinks. The PSU fan rotates slightly and stops. I don’t understand where is the problem. Can anyone help me out of this problem.

Re: New build PC but fans spin slightly and stops

I appreciate your work, as you built the whole CPU all by yourself. You said that when you go to start the CPU it just don’t start. Or there might be some connection problem with the components or with the Mobo. Check the connection of the PSU with the motherboard. Make sure that the power supply reaches all the components of the CPU through the power supply unit. Check if the mobo is shorting. After checking all then try again to start the CPU.

The power supply is given to the CPU, but when you go to press the start button the power gets disconnected. This problem arises due to the motherboard shorting out on the mounts. So just make it sure that there is no shorting anywhere inside the CPU. Check that none of the components are in direct contact with the cabinet. Take care while using the PSU because the faulty PSU may damage the motherboard.

If you suspect that there might be some problem in the power supply unit, then first of all get it tested before you install it in your CPU. Test the power supply unit by connecting it to the different CPU and observe whether it is functioning properly or not. After testing the PSU, if it fails to function then get a new PSU and try with it. Check the manner in which CPU is seated. Try to reseat the CPU while the board is out of the case.

Check, if the motherboard is properly mounted and mounting stand offs were positioned properly. If the mother board is not mounted correctly then it may short. To make sure that the mother boards don’t short, place it on the card board so that insulation is provided. Try to clear the BIOS with the clear Rtc by means of the jumper. If you don’t know how to do, then refer to the manual and then proceed accordingly. Try to reset the CMos sensor by removing the battery.

Thank you guys for your genuine replies. After performing so many tests, I realized that there was something wrong in the power supply unit. Due to this, power was continuously getting cutoff, whenever I tried to start the CPU. I took the PSU to the computer repair shop and I came to know that the PSU was having some serious problem. I got the new PSU and now everything is working fine.