Thread: Yulong D100 DAC not working properly.

Yulong D100 DAC not working properly.

I recently bought a D100 Yulong DAC to go with my D2000 headphones and I am enjoying the sound enough. However, random music have been cut and replaced with all static. I'm not sure what is causing this, only when power down and power back where it goes. Also, I've only knowledgeable this at what time using the USB input, TOSLINK is not connected to my PS3. Has anyone experienced this? Have any proposal on how to solve this problem? Should I return it? Thanks!

Re: Yulong D100 DAC not working properly.

I essentially started to understand that possibly two weeks ago. I become aware of that the Yulong has to start another time after that (about 3 seconds) and I am able to run well another time to start the music again. I only ever happen when I tap, and I think it might be that the cable I'm using does not fit. Are you using the cable that came with it? That would be, but I imagine I have mixed with a lot of other power cables when being transported to the house of a friend.

It comes into view to be a Windows problem. It simply happened at what time I had the output device 24-bit / 96 kHz. When he went down to 24 bits/ 44.1 KHz stopped the difficulty completely. I have since stopped using the Windows sound drivers all together and I'm using foobar2000 with ASIO and have experienced enlarge in sound and clarity throughout, no static problems. I hope now you are clear with your doubt. Thank you.

A headfier latest here and a fresh owner of the D100 as well. unluckily, it seems I'm experiencing this problem also cut static. After the creation of the D100 to my laptop this afternoon and ran only half an hour, the static problem happened to me. The only way for me to counter was to turn off the device. After restarting, the problem occurred again but this time in a matter of minutes! I tried several times and each time the static noise returns. Of course this was earlier than I exposed this thread and I made the modification rapidly.

So I did some troubleshooting and I found out that my USB ports were giving me problems. This was tested with foobar and ASIO. I was still getting the static at 96 kHz with my Yulong plugged into the back of my PC, so I switched to a non-powered USB hub instead. Performance has been good so far for the last few hours, usually static come in under 15 minutes. Croosed fingers. I have not tried using the DS out, so we'll see what happens.