Thread: Maverick D1 vs. FiiO E9+E7

Maverick D1 vs. FiiO E9+E7

I think this is a burning issue for us all budget audiophiles. What is "better", the FiiO E9+E7 combo or the Maverick D1? After searching for a while, it seems no one has directly compared the two amplifiers. I just found other posts asking this very comparison. So is there anyone out there have these two amps, or at least have had the experience of listening to both of which can interrupt? I'm sure there are a number of people who are interested in this comparison.

ali Guest

Re: Maverick D1 vs. FiiO E9+E7

I currently make use of Ultrasone Pro 2500, which are 40 ohms. It is quite simple to drive. They are paired in the company of a Fiio E5 and a Sony Walkman MP3 player as the main source. While I be able to hear the pleasant improvements, other than subtle E5 ago, I have to say that my sound 2500S sexy no matter whether or not an amplifier. However, I rarely leave 2500S making my E5. I approximating my 2500S and I have actually wanted to observe what a desktop amp can do for them.

Do not fail to remember the D1 has a tube out. Remarkable question, I wonder, so it is "better" because E7 + E9 are recommended all the time to start. Not that I'm always thinking of getting a product Fiio. I have never heard the Maverick D1, so I cannot talk about it, however I am able to say that the E7/E9 SQ does not leave greatly to be desired and positively does not experience from any whisper whatsoever. I hope this will help you to understand about this.

Thanks for this awesome. However, in my case my ultrasound is not difficult to handle. However, I heard that today will bring Lotsa qualities. The E-9 might be too much for my ultrasound where the Maverick would be sufficient. In several cases, raw power is not my major apprehension. Can you comment on the sound qualities of mutually? Any problems whistle Maverick? It is assumed that the headphone output resting on the Maverick is "meh"?

The headphone amplifier on the Maverick is actually IMO MEH. I even had chosen the dac portion of the uDac in excess of the D1 additionally. Please note my Maverick was completely stock and never tried the pre spout. I never noticed any hiss, but never tried it with SIAA either. I just tried to D2000s, 990/600s k702s and DT at the time he had. It was my first dac and amp to get my feet drenched in this relaxation, and I do not really know what to listen to when I pay money for it, so I do not imagine I be able to give a completely fair illustration to its refinement.

In comparison I was impressed by the uDac little. When I received it, believe it or not, most of this was attributed to the dac however. The 600 ohm Beyers sounded downright anemic in the uDac (as they should), but the D1 do not drive much better-a little harder, yes, but still sounded like crap, frankly. It was not until later I heard the Beyers within Asgard and afterward the 880/600s in an E9; I felt I was hearing correctly cast.