Thread: Can Fiio E9 performs well through an 8 ohm old headphone

ali Guest

Can Fiio E9 performs well through an 8 ohm old headphone

I have only big old headphones (Kenwood KH 71, 1970), which has an impedance of 8 ohms and a maximum of 0.5 W input powers. Before buying the headphones, I was informed that a very low impedance headphone is even more difficult to handle than hd650. And when I got the KH 71, I feel really terrible place to Fiio E7, Sony M10 (an excellent writer) and my laptop. The volume is large enough, but the sound is totally a mess. So I hope to be acquainted with whether the E9 Fiio is able to drive my headphones old fine. Could u please give me a few advices?

Re: Can Fiio E9 performs well through an 8 ohm old headphone

Perhaps a speaker amplifier either all the way through the headphone jack resting on a good receiver / integrated or straightforwardly from the power terminals in the company of an adapter would work superior than anything else at a reasonable cost? They are quite happy to run into 8 ohms, and certainly have no problem with providing enough current. You're probably running in cutting up with their current sources.

ali Guest

Hi thanks for quick response to my query. It's a good idea to try the headphone amplifier speaker due to its low impedance. Is it important that the maximum input power of the headset is 0.5 W when connected to an amplifier from the speakers? But I really hope to know whether the E-9 can work well with him because I have no speaker amplifier. I like KH 71 looks. One problem is its too heavy, 500 grams. Please share your ideas with me thank you.

I have no suggestion regarding the E9. The specifications show a minimum of 16 ohms; however that can only be for the reason that the headphones so few are lower than that. OTOH, it may be because it is not stable below 8 ohms, or has other problems. I have a Dayton DTA-1 amp, which I just ordered a female 1 / 8 "and 1 / 4" to stereo RCA cables - I'll cut the RCA and the ends are run directly to the speaker terminals. It is stable to 4 ohms, and is only capable of + / - 6 V - which is on par with other headphone amps, but there are plenty more to do. Can provide gobs of current - in 8 ohm you'll do about 6 watts / channel. That's not much for an amplifier of the speakers, but more than any other headphone amp I know of. Therefore, you will not have to worry about the current crop.

E9 be able to drive it. However I do not be acquainted with if you are able to drive well. And because there is not damage E9 protection circuits inside E9! Speaker Amplifier is different headphone amplifier! But of course you can have a chance, but be careful about the volume (output amplifier). I am very impressed with it. It’s each bit as detailed as my much additional commanding Adcoms and Carvers. It just doesn't comprise as much power.