Thread: USB DAC not working with FIIO E9 + E7

USB DAC not working with FIIO E9 + E7

I have a question concerning E7/E9 obtain my latest combo to exertion. I've not at all had an amp before, and pay money for the e7/e9 based on one of the comments I've seen, which spoke pretty extremely of it. Before buying, I did some looking around and it seemed that many users were using different operating systems (Windows, Mac, and Linux). However, I am having a number of troubles to work within USB mode DAC. When I use it in the normal way during mode among an MP3 player, everything works fine. But when I utilize the USB DAC, I have troubles in particular there is no sound.

UnLucky Guest

Re: USB DAC not working with FIIO E9 + E7

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 (last), and have never had any sound problem before what-to-time. Playing music from my internal audio works fine, but when I put my main channel to the USB DAC (which auto-detects fine), then reboot, I get no sound what-so-ever. Not sure if I'm playing something, or if it's a driver issue of some sort. I doubt that this is a driver issue, because the device is simply recognized, so I do not think it would be the root cause of the difficulty.

I just required posting an update to this. I still have not originate it working, but after a lot more testing, I am capable of authenticate that the e7 and e9 perform through my mp3 player however still does not work with USB DAC. I sent the help desk Fiio an email, but have not received an answer yet. I guess I'll wait and see what happens! I'll be sure to update with a solution when I can get more information. Please suggest you ideas with me thank you.

ali Guest

I posted in another thread e7/e9 problems related to core issues, and I have only sound was the right channel to use them as a combo. Micca and I have asked of me in my situation said it is likely that the e7 had several difficulty and sent it back to them yesterday for RMA. What happens when e7 is utilized as a USB DAC itself, not anchored within the e9? I hope that someone will help me to identify this issue. And please suggest me the proper solution on this query thank you.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 drivers related trouble-free on. I'm not sure about Fiio support for Linux, so before canceling e7 defective you may want to try it in some way on another operating system. No problems in Gnome Ubuntu 10.10, also without problems in Ubuntu 10.04 server. I do not know about KDE but if you use ALSA you could try sudo alsamixer in the terminal and see if the outputs are muted? I had problems with HDMI audio output on my 10.04 and they solved using alsamixer unmuting SPDIF outputs.