Thread: Is Fiio E9 (E7+E9) better for D7000

Is Fiio E9 (E7+E9) better for D7000

I'm starting a fresh journey through my newly acquired D7000. It has been approximately two weeks since you acquire them. Because of my situation, I started my first step with iPhone 4. However, my experience with them so far has been just words. I cannot believe how superior they sound unamped. There was nothing like what they have heard before. I cannot believe it could sound better than this. But most of you who have D7000 say that I have not tested the true "color" of them, however, is not it? Just as an update to the PC unamped music, E9 be a superior selection?

Re: Is Fiio E9 (E7+E9) better for D7000

I am pleased you are fond of the D7000s. Just to provide my two cents, I not at all had the opportunity of owning the E9s, nevertheless based on my knowledge of a music session in the short term at the home of a friend, I would articulate do not do justice to E9s the D7000s because it provides poor synergy. Perhaps it was some malfunction in the device itself or in the listening environment and other variables that could have affected; however, the two do not seem to work very well together. If you're come across for several entry-level DACs, maybe try NUFORCE udac as a setting - but do not trust me on this, and that's just my opinion.

Thanks for your reply. Was the opposite of what I expected? From what I read, that was not thoroughly, thought E9 would be a good option to start. I wish for to know more regarding additional people who comprise had a modification of hearing E9 with D7000. Maybe not, a lot of people had the opportunity to listen to E9. Others through the suggestion of a good quality CAD / AMP at relatively low which is around 100 to 300, would be greatly appreciated. Help please

The E9 present a clear improvement of the D7000 vs. departing unamped. Not yet a competition. Everything is improved. The low drop and becomes very swollen noticeably tighter and more controlled half step forward now that the bass is loose, the speed of the D7000 is better (sounds remarkably slower without E9) and treble maintains the aggressive bite. Synergy is based on personal predilection and has no complete compatibility.

The only things I can think would not like that are faced by acute innate D7000 too aggressive would like to alleviate it. If so, then that is a drop in E9. Then you'll want to go with an amp that rolls off the treble, the E-9 does not. Enhances what already exists, does not alter or masks insufficiency similar to head-fiers seem to be into. In any case, I'd obtain the E9 through a DAC enhanced than the E7 to give a better source, such as E-9 has proven to be a powerful amplifier and attractive.

The E7 is immense. It absolutely works fine in the company of the D7000 as both a portable amplifier and a DAC, but the DAC is clearly better to the portion of the amplifier. If you wish for save money, you cannot go incorrect in the company of the E7/E9 for $ 200 for the D7000. Ideally, I consider possibly a UDAC2 and E9 would be enhanced than the E7/E9, but will cost a little more. I'm looking DACs costs about 2 times 3 times the price of the E7/E9 combo to match the Schiit Lyr later.

Hi I have a similar problem but with different devices. I just pay money for a new pair of Sennheiser HD650, and I'm looking for 1-2 amps to pair with it. I was thinking of the e7 + e9 combo, here is my situation: I mainly listen to music at work, here is where would e9, e7 and connect to it when at work, the source is a portable Lenovo, so that the DAC would be nice. The second most listened to instead be at home with the power that my desktop PC. I would make use of simply the e7 there. When I'm occasionally on the road, I could use the self e7 with my source likely to be my phone Droid X, but it would feed my Etymotic ER4P. I'm trying to keep the headphone amplifier settings all around $ 200, anyone have any recommendations for my setup?