Thread: Panasonic RP-HTX7-K1 monitor headphone vs. MEElectronics HT-21 travel headphone

Panasonic RP-HTX7-K1 monitor headphone vs. MEElectronics HT-21 travel headphone

I am planning to purchase headphones in near future, so that I can use it with my laptop which is running Windows Vista in it. I have these two headphones in my mind, Panasonic RP-HTX7-K1 monitor headphone and MEElectronics HT-21 travel headphone, but I am very much confused which one to choose. I would like it if somebody would guide me toward this matter and give me more information regarding them. Suggestions are always appreciated. So please help me.

Re: Panasonic RP-HTX7-K1 monitor headphone vs. MEElectronics HT-21 travel headphone

Specification of MEElectronics HT-21
    • Driver: 40mm dynamic transducer
    • Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20000Hz
    • Sensitivity: 114 dB
    • Cord: 4ft (1.2m), single-sided; 45º plug
    • Impedance: 32 ohm
    • Space-Saving Mechanism: Flat-folding, collapsible

Specification of Panasonic RP-HTX7-k1:
    • Frequency Response: 7 - 22,000 Hz
    • Cord: 6.6ft (2m); Straight Plug
    • Sensitivity: 99 dB SPL/1mW
    • Space-Saving Mechanism:N/A
    • Impedance: 40 Ω

Re: Panasonic RP-HTX7-K1 monitor headphone vs. MEElectronics HT-21 travel headphone

Let’s talk about the sound quality of Panasonic RP-HTX7-k1 monitor headphone. If you had used the Porta-Pros in past then you will find many similarity between the sound qualities of both the devices. The Panasonic RP-HTX7-k1 has got a better controlled bass frequency. The highs are the well balanced and detailed in the RP-HTX7. On most of the songs you will be able to hear both the vocals and instruments clearly. It has got a very good sounding upper range. Talking about the mids, they are fine in few songs, nothing miraculous.

MEElectronics HT-21 offers a very good sound quality. The sound is clean, somewhat aggressive and a little lean. The headphones are light and speakers are supra-aural, which means that they perfectly sit on your ears instead of covering it. The speakers are not completely flat and still have a thin cushion ring around it like circum-aural headphones. The straps are adjustable in height and the speakers are collapsible, which means that it can fold completely and then put in what it can slide into the carrying case provided. The cable is on one side and ends in a L-type plug four feet away. The build quality is good and the headphones are also very light. The design is also very basic.

Panasonic RP-HTX7-k1 shines very well on these two fields: cost and comfort. I found this Panasonic RP-HTX7-k1 to be feather light and very comfortable. It has got a very attractive retro look. The soundstage is not very expansive but still very good. It has got glossy plastic cups with the headbands slightly flexible. In terms of performance, the active cancellation option is very good. I honestly have never heard a better sound from head phones. It’s worth buying. You can use it in your computer, laptop, TV etc. It is very well-built, comfortable, and fun to listen to. Sound clarity is very good.

The first thing that struck me about the RP-HTX7 is how small they are. For some reason, I expected it to be closer to the size of the Creative Aurvana Live! However, the RP-HTX7s are just circum-aural with deep cups and narrow pads. The headband is metal and is separated into two bars closer to the treetops. Thin rods and small logos Panasonic headphones gives you a sense of precision, but are far from delicate. The cups slide freely up and down the bars of the tape and one-sided cable run through the headset. The same cable is quite thick, quite flexible, and ends with a 3.5 mm plug. The fact that the headphones does not bend or collapse also helps them feel more solid than most of the competition