Thread: Windows 7: Creative X-FI Xtremegamer installs but no sound

Windows 7: Creative X-FI Xtremegamer installs but no sound

My Older Desktop computer has an Asus A8V-XE Motherboard with a VIA K8T890 Northbridge and VIA VT8251 Southbridge. Chipset drivers have not been released up till now but the most recent Soundblaster drivers for the card setup correctly and ask for a reboot (at which point the logoff sound plays well). Later than the reboot the system comes back up but no sound is twisted and as well while attempting to test the speakers it gets wedged until you force the test to discontinue. Has anybody else had the similar issues? Please help me for this.

Re: Windows 7: Creative X-FI Xtremegamer installs but no sound

I am running Windows 7 64-bit version with X-Fi Xtremegamer and have no troubles with sound. I frankly feel it possibly the sound driver installation that crapping out. Google an uninstaller application called Revo Uninstaller and run that to wash out your system of any remnants of old driver files. After that, setup the 2.18.0013 driver once more. It looks like your having a clash of drivers competing for address space while you run the sound test check. This is most probable a unsuccessful install that not at all gave you a certain failed message.

I would have thought that contradictory address space would create an error code 10 in the device manager? This doesn't emerge to be the case. I have installed a clean Windows 7 build onto this computer and just to exclude contradictory drivers I actually loaded the X-Fi drivers 1st and it shaped exactly the similar result (a logoff sound is produced upon the reboot demand after driver installation) but later than the reboot the trouble takes place.

It’s very probable that that exacting beta driver may be causing a serious problem with your card. I play Warcraft and newly my game crashed 2 times and the sound was the mistake. One time I set the ingame settings from "default" to the actual "X-FI Creative driver the trouble went away. What I did in my Sound control panel in Windows 7 is immobilize the whole thing but "Speakers" in the playback tab. The whole thing else is set to disabled. In the recording tab Aux, Line-In and What U-Hear are all disabled and just my Microphone (Headset) is enabled. This makes it so the system has fewer problems to deal with just in case of a trouble.

A year later and this at a standstill hasn't been resolved. I just ran into this trouble mid-November 2010 after a fresh setup of Windows 7 Professional. The card worked well below XP Pro. I have got the similar motherboard as the original poster and I am having same problems. After I installed the updated Windows 7 64-bit drivers I get no audio and video stutters; all of this on a clean install. So now I am utilizing on-board audio with this card sitting in an anti-static bag in my desk. I would like to utilize the card since I paid for the thing.

Same trouble, just with an xtrememusic, I can get the card to setup, but there is no sound. I open up the volume panel and there is no volume control. Emerges with error code 10. I thought myself it was a clash with on board sound. On the other hand, I have it disabled in BIOS. So I don’t think that’s the trouble. I am wedged myself using on board sound. Do any latest cards come in PCI? I know they come in PCI-E; however, my video card blocks the just PCI-E I have.