Thread: X-Fi Xtremegamer stops functioning in Windows 7 Ultimate

X-Fi Xtremegamer stops functioning in Windows 7 Ultimate

Newly my sound card has started doing strange things. At any state of functioning procedure like watching movie, playing game or just listening to mp3 sound was failing and appearing in arbitrary time. It would occasionally get back in 10 minutes or sometimes in an hour. Reboot all the time helped. Yesterday the similar occurred but at this time the reboot doesn't help any longer. The thing is it recognizes the sound card (In Device manager: "Creative SB X-Fi") but the "Speakers" symbol in playback

Re: X-Fi Xtremegamer stops functioning in Windows 7 Ultimate

I am having the similar problem (save that footage devices become unavailable too). For me, however, reinstalling the drivers while this happens fixes it - which is intolerable considering I get the similar hopeless problem each morning. I honestly figured the hardware was dying. Very strange to see others having the similar problem. I immobilized the HDMI sound output on my video card plus "High Definition Audio Device" (that Windows seems to discover, even though my integrated audio is immobilized in BIOS), and went a total of two days earlier than the problem popped up again.

I acquired and installed an X-Fi Xtremegamer card to swap my ageing Audigy. I utilize Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Later than fitting the X-Fi card my computer would not boot up. I attempted the card in a different slot. Computer at a standstill would not boot up. I situate the Audigy back in and the computer boots up, so the trouble is the X-Fi card. I cautiously uninstall all the Audigy drivers and the whole thing remotely connected with Creative. I download the most recent X-Fi drivers onto a USB memory stick.

I have this exact similar trouble too with no respond. And I do it work, computer repair, soldering, networks for an income. With the X-FI Xtremegamer PCI card and windows Vista Business 32bit, an MSI AMD 780G chipset board, not anything NVIDIA in any way. Video card was ATI 4870. I had the classic Snap/Crackle/Pop trouble. I went with On-Board audio until Creative was completed dragging its feet and updated the drivers. That looked to solve that trouble. Now, after a few upgrades - Clean install of Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte AMD 780G chipset board, not anything NVIDIA in any way.

Once my friend also had the similar issue and he just contacted directly to support team. So here my advice is the same that please contact support openly. They will send you some ineffective generic mail, but if you respond to all of them and clarify over again what the trouble is, they will lastly answer. Even I contacted them and they said that the trouble is isolated to my system only. So possibly no one else has reported something like this, and they don't worry to fix the trouble.

I know I have moved on and am very content. I did contact Creative. I have completed so each time. It all the time seems to be an "isolated" trouble. Look all over the net, Google this problem; you will see sites packed with this similar trouble. So anyone can research this trouble, Creative can. It would not shock me if they have not though. I even said I was not the just one. Like the old Snap, Crackle, Pop trouble below Vista. Creative is claiming it is just below certain circumstances but I have not had an NVIDIA chip on a motherboard since 2007. I can reproduce the similar troubles whether it is Intel or AMD.