Thread: How to increase Creative X-Fi 8000 song limit

How to increase Creative X-Fi 8000 song limit

I have an X-Fi 64GB. I purchased it with the purpose of moving my 50GB music set around on it but immediately ran up beside the 8,000 song limit. I have approximately 13,000 songs- many of my "legacy collection" are ripped at 128Kbps and the remaining at 192Kbps, mainly MP3 CBR. I think I converse on behalf of lots of 64GB owners while I ask if Creative has any plans to raise this limit, or better at a standstill remove it all in all. This is not a problem with iPods by the way!

Re: How to increase Creative X-Fi 8000 song limit

I am speculating if you in fact have a limit on the number of songs. In my situation, I have a Zen MX 16 GB. I have loaded approximately 4300 mp3 files on it and at a standstill have about 4 GB left. While I go to the information key, it says I have 4000 files loaded and even later than adding more, it at a standstill says I have 4000 files. My player, though, identifies all of my files. So, I am speculating if the 8000 limit (or in my case 4000) is truly a limit by any means.

This is surly a trouble for me! I can see all my songs and folders while viewing the X-Fi In "mass storage" form from the computer, but while I attempt to actually utilize the X-Fi lots of songs and albums just don't show up on the list. The settings notify me there are 8000 songs in my library (about 3,000 below in my collection). I am an extensive-term Creative MP3 user and have possessed the NJB1&3 (the latter self-upgraded to 80GB) plus a 60GB Zen. This is the first time I have meet this problem.

The song limit was situating in place so as not to compromise the user's experience with the ZEN X-Fi 2. Seem at it this way, it’s an mp3 player, not a moveable hard disk. You would wish to put in songs you want to hear, not mess it with the whole thing from your whole music set. The more songs you have in the player, the longer it takes to rebuild its audio library. Besides, 8000 songs that's 532 hours of music (taking 5 minutes per song into consideration), that's more than sufficient music to go around for days.

I do feel that you may have miscalculated the mood a slight though. I think it's fair to say that the average Creative consumer is quite serious concerning music. We have to be to disregard the slick marketing of Apple and make the effort to explore alternative players. We don't just pursue the herd and purchase what the ads tell us to but in its place make a more sharp choice based on what we need an mp3 player to do, play music, well.

I have had lots of creative players over the years as the excellence of sound is what matters. I have no wish to watch video on it, or keep photos or other files; so why am I being declined the chance to utilize the capacity? On the old 32 GB x-fi you struggled to get to 8000 tracks, but here it is very simple if you are filling 64 GB. I have over 3000 cd plus album I have converted so have far more than 38000 tracks in my mp3 library. I spend lengthy periods away from home and wish to take my music with me.