Thread: Firmware for OCZ Vertex 2, Vertex LE and Agility 2

Firmware for OCZ Vertex 2, Vertex LE and Agility 2

Recently I have bought a new OCZ Vertex 2 SSD for my new Mac. The problem is the old version of firmware is not compatible at this moment. So right now I need a compatible firmware along with latest version. I heard that there is a new version of firmware already available to download. Does anybody know about this? Where I can get this thing? I am also looking for a new firmware for Vertex LE as well as for Agility 2. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Firmware for OCZ Vertex 2, Vertex LE and Agility 2

As far as I know that the latest version of firmware for OCZ Vertex 2 SSD is 1.24. However the problem is whether that firmware is compatible for the Mac OS X or not. I know that this new version of firmware is completely compatible with windows OS. However there is way to work with this SDD. For this you need to configure bootcamp in Mac using that SSD and install Windows OS in it. Then you can install or update that new firmware without any issue.

IF you encompass Windows CD/DVD and sufficient storage space on the SSD you may perhaps attempt making a Boot Camp partition, installing Windows, afterward update the firmware inside the Boot Camp windows. On one occasion you've updated this new firmware, you can subsequently re-run the Boot Camp supporter and select the preference to take away the Boot Camp partition and get back your space. This must work except I haven't tested it myself.

In your case it's almost certainly easier to have boot camp on the SSD. I wouldn't be anxious regarding the size of the partition while if you propose eliminating it immediately you've upgraded the firmware of SSD. Just make 32GB normal Boot Camp partition, obtain bare bones of Windows installed, download and launch the firmware. Once it is complete, boot reverse into Mac OS X and run the Boot Camp configuration over again except select the preference to eliminate a presented Boot Camp and you must be away.

Initially, it's trouble-free to upgrade the SSD’s firmware, you simply need to have the drive (otherwise a segment of it) formatted like NTFS. Pain in the neck like it indicates each firmware update indicates a dirt free install otherwise a Carbon Copy Clone. Each and every one these lengthy wheezing methods upgrading the firmware. My new problem is still, the most recent firmware on the official website is v1.24. The firmware for my new Vertex2 that arrived is v1.25. So I am little stuck at this moment.

In my opinion I think that it is not a big issue for you to find a proper and the compatible driver for your OCZ Vertex 2 SSD. Once you downloaded it, you can install it in your system any manner. It is not a big issue to tell about. But in your case you are telling that you would like to use the SSD with Mac. I hope that you are planning to configure bootcamp in Mac so that you can use Windows also. However it can be achieved but for this you will need to find a search by search guide in order to update the firmware of SSD in Mac with bootcamp.