Thread: Unable to connect Visioneer OneTouch 8100 Scanner in windows 7

Unable to connect Visioneer OneTouch 8100 Scanner in windows 7

Hello, I have purchased the new branded Visioneer One Touch 8100 Scanner in the last year. I have already connected it to the personal computer. The speed of this scanner is so fast and it helps me a lot for scanning the document. Yesterday, I have installed the fresh windows 7 32 bit operating system on this computer. After that whenever I have try to install the scanner in the windows 7 operating system then it gives the so much error. I don’t know why the actual problem but I need to install this scanner on the windows 7 operating system. Any type of help will be appreciates.

Re: Unable to connect Visioneer OneTouch 8100 Scanner in windows 7

I also faced the same kind of issue at the time of installing the scanner in the windows 7 operating system. I try to install the scanner in the windows 7 operating system. In that time I have use the driver of the Visioneer One Touch 8100 Scanner. This driver installation is to be failed because the driver I have used it to support the windows XP operating system and hence it is not supports to install the scanner on the windows 7 operating system. I think you had faced the same kind of issue. Then the solution is search the windows 7 compatible driver and installs it on the system.

The scanner you use is most popular scanner in the market. The minimum configuration of this scanner is to be the Pentium equivalent processor and it requires minimum 70MB memory space. If your computer provides this facility then there would not the hardware configurations issues of this scanner. The scanner is able to works on the windows based operating system. but the windows 7 is an advanced windows based operating system hence you need to firstly check that whether this scanner works on the windows 7 operating system or not. If it supported then try to install the win 7 OS supported scanner driver on the system.

I also faced the same kind of issue in the computer system. I need to connect this Visioneer One Touch 8100 Scanner with the system and the windows 7operating system is installed on the system. Then I check the configurations of the scanner supports by the windows 7 operating system or not. I found that this scanner supports the windows 7 operating system configurations. Then I have search the windows 7 compatible driver of the scanner and finally I got it on the Visioneer web site. Then after downloading this driver I have installed it on the system and now the scanner works well on the windows 7 OS.

As per you discuss there might be not the windows compatibility issues. You need to firstly check the cable of the scanner. See, sometimes we can’t looks the cable of the scanner and there might be the cable is not properly connected to the scanner port of the computer system. Hence if the cable of the scanner is cute then replace it with the new cable. Then connect it properly to the system. It might be works and the trouble generates at the time of installations is solved.

Hey, the issues generates in your scanner is might be the hardware connectivity or it could be the software installation issue. Firstly you need to check the connectivity of the scanner. If it connected very well then check the driver you try to install into the windows 7 is correct or not. If this driver supports the windows 7 operating system then there is no software installations trouble. I think in that case you need to take the advice the service engineer. They will solve the actual trouble.