Thread: Front panel headphone jack not working with windows 7

Front panel headphone jack not working with windows 7

I've seen similar messages in relation to this; however none have helped, so I'm starting my own. I hope someone can help. I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 64 bit. In XP, I used the headphone jack on the front panel to connect to TV or headphones. Since I've updated the headphone jack does not work. The 'Manage audio devices in control panel displays the headset is plugged into the front. The microphone works well. I tried searching for updated drivers - I have the most up-to-date. I tried changing the BIOS settings to HDAUDIO AC97 - does not work. I tried to install the SoundMAX High Definition Audio Utility installation disk my motherboard, but Windows 7 will not let me run the setup program is not compatible with the operating system.

Re: Front panel headphone jack not working with windows 7

I have the closely the similar motherboard: P5N32-E SLI. I'm using the sound card that came with the motherboard (fx supreme). Now I upgrade from 32 bit Vista Home Edition 64-bit Windows 7 Professional. My front headphone jack not performing from the time when the upgrade. Control panel headphone identifies as "not connected". My Xbox 360 attach to the line in port used for sound on the reverse of my system. It was always a bit distorted with Vista. But from the time when upgrade to Windows 7, the distortion has become unbearable. Is there anyone there who can help?

I am having same problem. My motherboard is Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, and I am using the sound chip itself. Headphones (front panel connector) are reported as "not connected" when it is obvious they are. Mic works well from the front panel, so there should be no hardware problem. It worked perfectly in Windows 7 I updated it, now with Windows 7 Pro ASUS drivers 64bit.Using 64-bit Vista, the work takes a little ahead. I cannot see sound device, but everything is a word, is there too. So I prefer to work with the Windows Update, did very well with the RC when only able to select different audio outputs for different programs.

Hey guys I presently install windows 7 a couple of hours of go and I am having the no headphone problem additionally. Some of you said you had to change the BIOS settings. I've done it before with my dvd-rom, but someone was walking me through it step by step. Can somebody provide laymen term lessons regarding receiving my headphone jack performing? Please suggest me any solution on my query. I am waiting for your replies.

I tried to "upgrade" to a Windows Vista x64 ASUS (ALC882_51005125.zip), however later than restart I have pop-ups indicating that together RTHDCPL ALCMTR and mismatched through Windows 7, and no audio output. Realtek seems to be releasing a new driver every three or four days. But still not get my audio connector correct settings in RT HD Audio Manager and no audio output jack on the front. Is reviewed here and also from Realtek to the working solution.

Headphones perform very well from the time when I installed the Vista 64 drivers commencing the Asus website. Difficulty now is the front panel microphone that was working fine earlier than, is now awfully silence. I've given up through this and just pay money for a lead to attach the back panel microphone which works very well so my headset be able to reach for a couple of quid, however there's absolutely something still incorrect. Was just doubt if somebody else who has fixed the headphones problem?