Thread: Is there any support for HDMI 5.1 sound system and Fiber Optics in Windows 7

Is there any support for HDMI 5.1 sound system and Fiber Optics in Windows 7

Hello, I just bought a RCA RT2906 sound system for my computer.My system doesn’t work properly. I have tried every possible step that I can. I had installed all the drivers. The problem is that system is not sending out 5.1. in sound settings, it sends only 2 channels and I am not getting the surround speakers. My ps3 works very better in 5.1 via HDMI. Optics is also not working properly. If anyone knows,Please help me out.

Re: Is there any support for HDMI 5.1 sound system and Fiber Optics in Windows 7

Windows 7 manytimes will not have the software which can drive all the drivers to its full potential.You can also to go to VIA's website where you can see that if there are particular softwares that have connection with particular drivers.
    I am having the Realtek High Definition device on my mother board. I am also complete software and drivers for this sound card. The software that you got from the website can help you to make sound card do whatever you want.

Re: Is there any support for HDMI 5.1 sound system and Fiber Optics in Windows 7

I have recently purchased XBOX 360 Premium Consoles with an HDMI port. I am thinking of connecting the XBOX 360 to the television via HDMI, and XBOX 360 to my 5.1 receiver via fiber optic. Looking after the cables that are included in the box, it seems that there is only one way to access to the fiber optic port and that is by plugging it into the massive component HD cable. Whether I can plug both the components at the same time?

First of all, congrats for XBOX 360. As per your question, I am also have an Elite and also having the HDMI cable which can be run directly from XBOX 360 to my TV for video. And for the audio, I used the attachment which came with the kit which was having the fiber optic port. I connected it from the back of the XBOX 360 to my receiver. I'm not sure that the component cable that I am using is present in your kit. But every kit will be having a fiber optic port and two RCA jacks on it.

I am not aware about the technical field at all. According to me,You will have to buy an optical dongle known as "HDMI Audio Cable" that MS packages with the Elites so that you can run sound to a receiver. I am having my Elite setup - HDMI to tv which can use tv speakers and optical out to my receiver for the surround system. Hope this will satisfy your requirement.