Thread: Incompatible DVD/CD ROM Drive

Incompatible DVD/CD ROM Drive

I am having the Windows 7 Operating system installed in my computer and from Day 2 of the installation of the Operating system the DVD/CD ROM drive has stopped working. It only worked while I used it to install the OS on the computer on 1st day. This was not of much of a trouble to me since I don't actually use CDs (Because I am more digital), until newly when I had a unexpected longing to play Roller Coaster Tycoon. RCT just runs when there is the CD in my drive but that is the difficulty when the CD drive does not functions.

Re: Incompatible DVD/CD ROM Drive

I think that you will have to update the driver that you are having installed on your computer. If you want to do that then you can simply go to the Device Manager and there right click on the CD/DVD drive and choose the lat option that is Properties. It will open the property window with many tabs. Click on the tab that is having the caption as Driver and then select Update Driver. This is the only thing that I can recommend you at the time and hope that it will solve the issue for you.

I have the same problem but unfortunately I'm afraid to click on "Update Driver" does not work. I click on "Update", "Auto Search", then say my driver is current and installed, but have not read any CD. I believe it's since another driver has the similar utility, disable the driver which in fact works. I know approximately nothing regarding drivers; I only recognize that they are programs which permit the computer to communicate through devices.

You can try this and see if that can solve the problem for you. First of all, you will have to uninstall the driver form your computer and when you are done with that then straight away power down and reboot the computer. When you do that then it will automatically detects the missing driver in your computer and install the appropriate driver for that. It is just like reinstalling the driver. Try to do that and see if that can solve the issue. If not then you can post back again so that we can provide you some alternate solution for this.

Have you tried to use the Microsoft Fix it? If not then go through the steps below and see what it can do for you.
    1. First of all open Microsoft Fix it
    2. Click on Accept
    3. Click on "Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply"
    4. See to the diagnosis slide and confirm that the CD ROM is clicked and then click on Detailed Report
    5. See to the issues slide and try to immerse every the info in it.
    6. Click on Next and Next over again.
    7. Click on Next and wait.
    8. Click on View Detailed Report.

Take a look at the report and see what it stated.