Thread: USB 3.0 Hub giving very low speed

USB 3.0 Hub giving very low speed

I just happened to buy a Ultra Aluminous 4 port USB 3.0 Hub. I have two usb 3.0 ports at the back of my cpu. Now the problem is that the Renesas USB 3.0 driver software which is there in my system thinks that the hub is usb 2.0 and it accordingly installed the drivers for it. Now whenever I plug in to the hub I get an message saying that it can go faster. Now I need to know is it possible to manually install the drivers for the hub? If that is possible then do let me know about it.

Re: USB 3.0 Hub giving very low speed

Well I have not heard much about this product and hence I would say that look at the manufactures website to see if that you can get any suitable driver for the hub. If you can get it then it is well and good for you. Also check if the device is self powered or not. Because if it is not self powered then you will have to make some arrangements to charge it up. So that it can deliver you the exact performance that you were looking for.

Yes definitely I will have a look at the point that you have made here and make sure that I will implement it accordingly. Well I had no idea about the manuals that came with it. I will try looking for its websites and see if I can get anything from there, anyways thanks for suggestions that you have given here. I will definitely check for the websites and will get back to you if I am able to get some solutions out of it.

Why don’t you have a talk with the Aluminous(manufacturer's) people about the subject and ask them what should be done for the driver issue in such situation. May be they will be having a sound knowledge on the problem and will advice you accordingly. So that’s the better and safe option that you can definitely try. One more thing that you must note here is that you must carry on with the suggestion if you are not able to get any proper driver for your usb 3.0 hub. So that’s what I am trying to speak here.