Thread: Need a Live cam vista im vf0260 windows 7 driver

Need a Live cam vista im vf0260 windows 7 driver

I need to know whether there is any compatible driver for the Live cam vista im vf0260 that I had brought some days ago. It cannot be connected to my windows 7 system because I am unable to find any suitable driver for the webcam. So I want your recommendation in this of which would be a suitable driver for the live cam that I had got. So please reply as its been few days that I had got and it is still not operating. So I want your quick response on this topic.

re: Need a Live cam vista im vf0260 windows 7 driver

Very sorry to say that the driver for that particular webcam is still not available for the windows 7. Creative has launched its drivers only for the windows vista and not for the windows 7. I know it is a sad news but you cannot do anything about it. I just happened to check out the creative website and there was no such tool found in the website and hence I thought of sharing this information with you here on this website. I hope you have got the necessary information that you were looking for.

Oh my god that’s indeed a sad story to hear. So that means I cannot use this webcam until I change my operating system. That’s ridiculous. Microsoft must surely make some supporting driver for the webcam otherwise what about the other users like me who are using windows 7 in their system. I need to know is there any other steps by which I would be able to run this cam in the windows 7 system. Please suggest me something fast as this is causing a lot of frustration for me.

Don’t worry I have got some simple solution for you. So just try that and let us know whether that worked or not.
    1) Firstly go and download the driver from the creative website you will get it there.
    2) Now start extracting all the files now round about it should be 3 files.
    3) Now one important thing that you will have to do here is that go and get an universal extractor. You will get it easily anywhere in the internet.
    4) Now use this extractor tool to extract all the files from setup.exe file.
    5) Now start manually updating the device driver it will definitely work out for you.
    Do try it believe me even I was facing this problem sometime ago and it worked for me.

Wow! It really worked I must say that you are a true genius. Now my cam is really working very well. I did not expect this method to work so well. So all thanks to you guys. I was thinking that I will have to change the operating system in my pc but no I did follow the steps that you all had given me here. Finally it worked for me. Now the cam is working really very well no issues. So again thanks everyone.

Re: Need a Live cam vista im vf0260 windows 7 driver

Quote Originally Posted by samar69 View Post
    Don’t worry I have got some simple solution for you. So just try that and let us know whether that worked or not.
    1) Firstly go and download the driver from the creative website you will get it there.
    2) Now start extracting all the files now round about it should be 3 files.
    3) Now one important thing that you will have to do here is that go and get an universal extractor. You will get it easily anywhere in the internet.
    4) Now use this extractor tool to extract all the files from setup.exe file.
    5) Now start manually updating the device driver it will definitely work out for you.
    Do try it believe me even I was facing this problem sometime ago and it worked for me.
    I have the same problem and i can't seem to do what you explain...firstly, i can't find the driver that has only 3 files after i extract it. then, how do i manually update the device driver?
    I am sorry to bother you, i don't know much about computer things but i really want to make this camera work. Thank you!