Thread: Windows XP unable to find the drivers for Artec 1236 USB Scanner

Windows XP unable to find the drivers for Artec 1236 USB Scanner

I got this new Artec 1236 USB Scanner and I was really happy about this. But now the problem is that the Windows XP is unable to find the drivers for my new Artec 1236 USB Scanner .This is really worrying me. I tried many different things to make it work but to no avail. I fear that the new Artec 1236 USB Scanner is proper or not. Please help me on this issue as this is really worrying me a lot.I am waiting for the replies for this query.

Re: Windows XP unable to find the drivers for Artec 1236 USB Scanner

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that you need to download the drivers first. Once you do that then you just need to right click on the downloaded drivers and select properties this will open a new window. After that click on the compatibility tab in the new window followed by clicking on run this program in compatibility mode for windows XP. This will surely solve the problem that you are facing.

I just read the previous solution that is being provided and would say that it is the same way that you need to follow to fix this issue. But the solution that is being provided is somewhat incomplete. I would say that clicking on run this program in compatibility mode for windows XP and then click also on run this program as administrator see picture. Finally you need to click on the apply button. This will complete your procedure and will help you to fix the issue.

Even I am facing from a similar kind of issue and don’t know how to proceed further .I have tried by using it backwards and forwards and also upside and downside and when it searches for drivers it always says it can't find them. I am also getting very frustrated as I have tried this at many numbers of times .But I feel that if I follow these above instructions then it will be of real help to me. If it really works then I will definitely get back to you.

Thanks a lot for the solutions. I went through the solutions that you have provided and would say that it has really helped me .I followed the same steps that have been mentioned out there and they have really helped me a lot. I would suggest the same solution to all of those who have a similar kind of issue. So finally I would like to thanks you all for the solutions that you have provided as it has helped me to fix the issue that I was facing.