Thread: Unable to remove Printer drivers in windows 7 64 bit

Unable to remove Printer drivers in windows 7 64 bit

Hello, I bought this printer in the November 2010. This printer is add on the Intel core i3 processor. After bought in this printer there will be do not any issue presents in the printer. But yesterday, might be some trouble presents in the printer. When we are tried to print some text the nit will not print the text on the paper then, I have replace this printer with the new one printer. At the time of installations the previous printer driver will not be removed from the Windows 7 64 bit version of the operating system. We are tried to remove this but it does not appear and probably the new printer has not installed on the system. Any type of help will be appreciates.

Re: Unable to remove Printer drivers in windows 7 64 bit

Hey dude, you need to firstly uninstall the driver of the previous printer. For uninstalling the driver you need to open the printer and faxes menus presents in the control panel of the windows 7 operating system. It will show the number of printer driver installed on the system. Then click on the previous printer and open its properties by double click on it. Then it shows the property dialog box of the printer. Then click on the drivers tab and press the uninstall button which is presets into this property window. I think it might be help you to solve the trouble.

I also faced the same kind of trouble during the network connections. In that time I have try to install the new printer on the system and remove the driver of the previous printer from the windows 7 64 bit version of the operating system. Then this will not allowed me to uninstall the driver of the previous printer. Then I have checked the access permission of the previous printer and surprisingly it restricts me to access the properties of the previous printer. So, using the administrator account I have set the previous printer access permission then use the regular process to remove the driver presents in the system and uninstall the previous printer.

I also faced the same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps which will helps you to remove the driver of the previous printer. Firstly check the access permission of the printer. If it is not allowed then set it to the allowed mode. After that you need to try to remove the driver of the previous printer by uninstalling the printer. If it does not allows then set the access permissions on the command prompt by using the attrib command and also use the remove command to remove the driver of the printer. It works because I have tried it.

The trouble you had faced is to be the most uncommon issue in the printer setup. Normally, we are easily remove the drivers of the printer by using the general process but sometimes due to some virus infection we are not able to remove this drivers and hence in that case we need to scan the whole system and if any virus presents in the system then remove it. After that read the manual of the printer carefully it helps you to solve the trouble. If it will not help you then contact the service engineer. He definitely helps you to remove the driver from the system.