Thread: Asus Xonar DG: No Microphone input on Playback

Asus Xonar DG: No Microphone input on Playback

Well I am having the Intel core2 duo system and also installed the windows 7 operating system on it. Now the thing here is that I am also having the Asus Xonar DG soundcard on my system. Now the problem that I am facing here is that the microphone input is not longer available on the same I mean if I am using a microphone then it is not detected on my system and initially it was doing well that is before the installation of the card. Is there anyone who is facing the similar problem if yes then please let me know the exact solution for the same.

Re: Asus Xonar DG: No Microphone input on Playback

According to me the drivers that you are looking out are not installed properly or must have got corrupted now what I want you to do here is that just see whether they drivers on your system exists and if not then I want you to install the appropriate soundcard drivers on the system and see how it goes. And if the drivers are already installed then I guess you need to update them and you can do the same from device manager.

First of all thank you for responding to my query and now what I want from you people is that I have already installed the appropriate drivers and also I guess they are also updated. And now the thing here is that initially without installing the drivers the microphone was doing fine but after the immediate installation of the drivers then it was disabled. Now isn’t it is strange. So please tell me the reason why this is happening and what is the best way that will help me to get rid of the problem.

Well as said by you that the error was due to the installation of the drivers then I can’t deny the fact that it may happen but it is only done when the drivers which are installed are not updated and also it may happen that the drivers are downloaded from the unauthorized one or it may be the corrupted copy of the same. Now what I want you to do here is that just try and see whether you are getting the proper and updated copy of them and if yes then you can install the same on the system. I hope this will definitely help you to solve the issue.

We all are making a guess that there is some or the other thing is wrong with the system itself but it can happen that the microphone that you are using to connect the same can also be affected . So now what I want you to do here is that just remove the microphone and try and arrange any alternate on your system and see whether the same is doing well or not. I am sure that if there is any problem in the earlier microphone then you may not get the issues with this one and then you will be able to solve the issue related to the same I hope this may help you.