Thread: How to install 3rd sata drive on when master and salve are ide

How to install 3rd sata drive on when master and salve are ide

I bought a new 1 TB SATA internal HDD and I am attempting to add it to my system just to copy data. And in the same my primary and slave internal Hard drives are IDE drives. My system is running on to the windows xp sp3. I am adding new 1 TB SATA drive. But at that time in the same I have seen that I am not able to see this and it is not recognized by the system. I have never messed along with the BIOS before this. Will a motherboard forever familiar with a SATA HDD first and not boot from an IDE drive? So regarding the same if you guys have any suggestion so please help me and please try to do the same as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Re: How to install 3rd sata drive on when master and salve are ide

I have searched a lot about the same and in this I have find out that sata is the backwords compatible and this will automatically operate at SATA1 speeds. And if this is not recognized then to fix this you have to enter your BIOS and make sure your SATA ports are which is enabled. And if your mobo is not that much old then you will not be able to automatically detecting new hard drives. So this what I know about the same and I am sure that this will going to help you.

After reading the solution which you have given over here I have checked the BIOS and in the same I have seen that the SATA is enabled and data from SATA is enabled. And in the same when I plug in power & SATA cable to the new SATA HDD although the BIOS not at all finishes 'detecting IDE drives' after it detect the initial drives. So if you have any other solution about the same so please help me.

I am also going through the issue regarding my WD SATA drive. I am assembling a computer along with the ASUS A8V-E Deluxe MB, AMD 64-3700 +, 2G DDR. I will be able to like to make use of WD 350G SATA HD as my primary Drive. And when I have checked the BIOS then I have get the message that HD Bios, boot XP does not show. I do not know how to fix this. If you have any suggestion on the same so please help me.

Have you changed the connectors on board when you put the disc? The MB is booted from the drive connected to connector No. 1 unless you change the boot order in BIOS. Is necessary to change the wiring so that the new unit is connected to SATA 1 drives socket.SATA not need bridges. The bridges are used in the IDE (PATA), when two units share a single cable. To make your IDE optical drives show Master / Slave, but not SATA