Thread: Headphone DG utilized if you are using front case jack with Xonar DG

Headphone DG utilized if you are using front case jack with Xonar DG

I am pretty much interested in games where I try different things in it. For which I had a Logitech Z5500 speakers, Sennheiser HD280s headphone. Now I had recently order an Asus Xonar DG which is a PCI sound card. Over here I wanted to ask that what if I use the front headphone jack of my cabinet then will I be able to use my sound card, as I had heard that headphones are directly connected to the sound card itself. Please help!!

Re: Headphone DG utilized if you are using front case jack with Xonar DG

Seriously I do not think you will be able to get the opportunity to use your headphone from the front side of your cabinet. Sorry for disappointing you as I do not want you to suffer later. Also buying or installing the sound card on to your system could not help you get better sound quality as you think of. Which would not help you in getting you amped output. Lastly it is you who are going to decide which the best thing out is for you. You might use it in future with some additional features I f you buy it.

I had used Logitech G35 which gave me sound which was like the 7.1 effect. But I did not have the true effect from it. But you will get more effect is you use it with the Sennheiser HD280 as it will give you more amount of bass then the Logitech G35. Let see if things work out as I might be ordering the Xonar DG for my personal usage as it will be having more surround sound. Also it will help me have the Dolby digital sound in order to get me a true sound effect.

Recently I came to know about this device and bought it for me. When I had connected both on my system I was not able to hear the difference between the front and back outlets. But as you want to know if it works with the front jack output then the answer is yes as I have personally used it. As Asus Xonar allows you to select from its control panel you try hearing from different modes of the playback types. As far its cost is concern then it comes at cheap price or the minimal price tag. But, yes it sounds good while playing it with games.