Thread: No Sound on Xonar DX sound card after installing SP1 on Windows 7

No Sound on Xonar DX sound card after installing SP1 on Windows 7

Well I have installed Windows 7 SP1 on the computer of mine. I am really satisfied with the look and feel of the operating system. However I am getting particular issue which really frustrating for me. Currently I am using Asus Xonar DX sound and it was working fine till I have updated the computer of mine with the Service Pack 1 of the Windows 7. I am getting big X on the My Sound dock which means there is no sound. Let me know if you are having any idea regarding the solution to fix the problem of mine.

Re: No Sound on Xonar DX sound card after installing SP1 on Windows 7

In this particular situation I want ask some question to you so that I can find out the root cause of the problem. Let me know whether you have updated the sound card driver or not. it is possible that this particular problem might be occurring due to virus attack on the computer so tell me whether you have installed any antivirus program on the computer or not. also tell me the status of the Realtek onboard sound that is whether it is disable or enable.

If you are using S/PDIF output on the sound card is shared with the analog line and MIC input port. Hence I am wondering that it would be using the wired digital connection. There might be an adapter which would be allowing the Tos-link. In case the S/PDIF is not used then it simply makes the port free so that you can use the same for the another use. If you not looking to have all the inputs and the kind of the inputs then nonexistent latency with MOTU traveler offer with the ASIO drivers.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. Well I have done lots of research work to find out the root cause of the problem. This particular problem was associated with the Digital Signature of the software and hardware. The solution is very simple you need to disable the same on the computer of yours. I am hoping that the disabling the digital signature which is associated with the hardware and software will help you to fix the problem of yours.

I am having a particular solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours.
    • First of all you need to uninstall the Xonar Software drivers and also uninstall the device from the hardware administration.
    • You need to run gpedit.msc on the computer.
    • Now you should go for the User Configuration and Administrative Templates and click on the System. Finally go for the Drivers installation.
    • You have to click on the Code Signing for Device Drivers and click on the Enable.
    • Now go for the Option and select Ignore.
    • You should save the changes which you made and reboot the computer of yours.
    • After doing the same you should try to install the Xonar device and I am sure that it will definitely work for you.

In this particular situation I recommend that you should go booting the computer into safe mode. You need to restart the computer and start tapping F8 from the keyboard. It will redirect you to Advanced Boot Menu screen where you need to choose Safe Mode using the arrow key and press enter. Once you have boot the computer into safe mode you should see whether you are able to get the sound or not. let me know experience about the same.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting that you should perform the system restore on the computer. you told me that you was having an issue after installing the Service Pack 1 for the Windows 7. So I am suggesting the you should go for system restore and restore the computer of yours to the restore point where you have not installed the update for the same. I am hoping that the system restore will help you to fix the problem.