Thread: 3com Network Interface card unable to work in Windows 7 OS

3com Network Interface card unable to work in Windows 7 OS

Hello, I have use the Intel Desktop Board D865GBF with the size of this board is 810,000 bytes and I have purchased this board in November 2007. From the last month I have connect the 3com NIC card on this board. This NIC card that is Network interface card is 3com Ethernet NIC card published by HP Company. I have installed the windows 7 operating system on the system. But now there is some problem occurred in this NIC card. This NIC card can’t get connected with the system and do not work very well. Any help will be appreciates.

Re: 3com Network Interface card unable to work in Windows 7 OS

Hey, I also use the same card for connectivity purpose. This card is mostly supports for the fast Ethernet and still there is not problem occurred in this NIC card. I think you need to firstly check that whether this card is properly connects with the desktop board or not. Because sometimes this card may be not connects very well and we think that the problem is in the NIC card. If it not connects very well then connects it properly. This may be helpful you to solve the problem.

As per you mention in the problem you cannot able to install the NIC card successfully on the windows 7 operating system. Then firstly download the 3com NIC driver from the internet and put it into the disk. Then remove any 3com network adaptor from the network control panel or in the system control panel. Then delete some files which is presents in the windows folder and which is related to the NIC card. After that restart system and install the NIC drivers on the OS using the auto detect CD. This might be helpful you to solve the problem.

I also faced the same kind of problem. In that time I have not able to connect the NIC card to the board for accessing fast Ethernet. I have try so much time but I have not properly connects this card. Then I use the manual of the 3com NIC card which will help me a lot to solve the problem. This manual is come with the NIC card. You need to read this card carefully and it may be helping you to solve the problem. The NIC card manual also describe that whether this NIC card supports the windows 7 operating system or not.

Hey dude, thanks for you describe the problem very well and I think the problem is not in the card or in the board. If the NIC card and mother board is properly connected then the problem is in the driver of the NIC card. You need to check the driver of the NIC card which is shown by the Microsoft windows 7 operating system. Check the driver installed in OS is properly installed or not. If it is not installed very well then install it properly then check that problem occurred or not.