Thread: Can I apply a SSD drive for extra ram?

Can I apply a SSD drive for extra ram?

I am incomplete in my motherboard 4 GB of RAM. But I am at rest using Windows Server 2008 R2. It also has a SQL server running on it and I have to minimize the amount of RAM it uses. I still suffer from ram. At the present there are a few things I can do, but I think the most excellent thought would be to use an inner 32 GB solid state and the place of my page file on that drive? Or is there any way to get solid state drive to be recognized as a pure striker in his place? Does anyone have any advice? I hear it is really Readyboost for Windows 6.0 and underneath heart. Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 are optimized to make use of solid situation drives. Another alternative would be to make use of a PCI card that I could add RAM as well. But here was the elderly method of doing things.

Re: Can I apply a SSD drive for extra ram?

I read your post on the same forum and then I discussed to many persons about it because I have some confusion on this. But after conference right now I am confident about to say that you cannot use SSD as RAM. Because one of my friend was tried it, and as per his recommendation I can tell you that at what time you placed the page file on the” SDD” then it will going to make slow your computer. Because SSD is slower than your hard disk drive (HDD). Now it is your decision.

I believe that if you are running SQL then 4GB of memory would be abundance. I want to say we run 5000+ consumers on every one of about fifty 32bit Exchange servers among fifteen databases in three storage collection on 4GB of memory in manufacture project surroundings. At the present I would say that I am hurting for additional ram more than you and we obtain along very well. So, I thing this information will help you a lot to your question.

Sorry for interrupting here but, how could you probably state that a solid state drive is making slow the normal hard drive disk? That could not be more from the truth! SDD (Solid state drives) are greatly sooner than HDD (hard disk drives). They are fundamentally RAM as opposite to rotating magnetic platters. The motive SSDs are so preferred, researched [for more competent produce], and extra costly is that they are exponentially quicker! Chronological data can be stored successively [appears superfluous but look at in order seek times for HDD's verse non-sequential search for times] with far fewer time rate. This is not right of hard disk drives since the pin has to travel to the point on the platters which associate to the address ask for. Also there are no touching parts on a SSD which really raises their strength.

You will find plenty better presentation among the pagefile on Solid state drives than on an HDD since the Solid state drives has access times this is nearly about 100X sooner than a HDD. The HDD may have a more rapidly write transfer speed, but at what time you tack 8-12ms on the face of that to stay for the drive to locate the right place to write the information to the SSD has extended because left it in the powder. And as per the Microsoft, page files find about 40X extra reads than writes, so the write transport speed has too little manner on page file presentation.