Thread: Beeping noise comes from Sata harddisk and also is not recognized

Beeping noise comes from Sata harddisk and also is not recognized

Just I purchased a novel Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 320 GB. I linked it to my MSI K9N-Neo f motherboard but when I boot my workstation it starts making a sound. And I have uploaded a zip among a wav-record of this sound. My HDD is also not documented, through my bios, as long as I hear the beep sound. But behind some minutes the beep sound stops and the disk is recognized through the bios. However, no information about the disk is exhibited, now [] in its place of 'not linked. Not astonishingly, at what time I try to set up vista the disk is also not documented. Is this HDD out of order or do I have to modify bios setting?

Re: Beeping noise comes from Sata harddisk and also is not recognized

OK you purchased the drive. Did you take away the aged drive or insert this? If you just exchange out the drive the machine possibly perplexed and is trying to make use of the aged parameters to converse. You can set up both drives the novel one as a second and observe if the bios picks it up and/or the you find the similar difficulty. Can you get into system with no drive? If so save settings then put off the system and set up and power up with the novel drive.

I have got the similar difficulty with one of my 2.5 disks from a moveable drive. This happens if you find a crack or now a scar on the disks within the HDD. I got quarry from transferring the disk a bit at what time it was at rest on. Your disk may have got it from astounding it to hard even as trying to get it in to your computer or while it was ported. Sorry but the entire you can do is to go back or e-mail the seller and inform them that it does not work/is out of order and they have to provide you a novel one unless you have dropped it or somewhat.

I presently received a Hitachi X500 moveable USB HD (500 GB/2.5" ) from near my home location, not one hour out of the package. It as well beeps constantly at what time associated to USB port on my system, but works very well/is available on the MacBook. It might be the result of inadequate present ability on the exacting USB port. My desktop has an elderly MB, Asus, circa 2005 and almost certainly does not have sufficient capability to "turn over" the disk.

I think it is the motherboard beeping sound not the hard drive. And it comes into view to be a compatibility difficulty with XP/elder operating systems. The Hitachi X drives works very well on newer Windows processor and MacBook pro. Presently clicks on XP desktop, and workstation beeps. Addition a powered USB hub does not assist so it is not connected to enough power to the hard drive. You can see all information on the Hitachi website.