Thread: Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ vs. HE103SJ

Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ vs. HE103SJ

I am thinking to update my storage drive, and behind inquiry about how noisy the WD Blacks are, I started thinking at the Samsung Spinpoint F3 drives. What is the dissimilarity among these two? They appear almost the same; apart from one are $69 and another is of $99, among no discount on either. The HE103SJ appears such as a novel model, because it simply has 1 review. Except a.03 dissimilarity in latency, they look the similar. On a somewhat dissimilar track, I can possibly do presently fine with the 500 GB version, as I just have about 116 GB of facts. Are there any compensation to receiving the lesser, single-platter drive?

Re: Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ vs. HE103SJ

After reading your post I connect the call to my one of the friend and as per his recommendation I would like to tell you that, the Samsung F3R HE10SJ is the novel RAID edition, therefore the "R" added to F3, which I had not observed previous to. If that is the only dissimilarity that appears similar to a steep cost dissimilarity, although RAID is not an apprehension for me because I use NAS.

This is a first-class question that deserves a high-quality reply. It is Samsung's "Enterprise Level Drive" and it has approach with a five year warranty measure up to the HD's three year. The other dissimilarity is approximately negligible: HD is faintly more fairly at idle and presentation seeks. At about 0.2 Bel. It draws about .1 Watt fewer during nearly all operations. If you have a RAID competent NAS (acquired without drives) nearly all of them (Netgear NV's for instance) take a five year warranty, so logic would say your drives have the similar warranty period.

The single platter 500 GB will produce a smaller amount heat than the multiplattered drive or else there is no genuine dissimilarity. I have using the two of the 1tb HD103SJ drives in a raid 0 with no problems for about three months at the present. Do you run games and applications on your wader or your storage space? I was thinking of running a Crucial C300 128 for Operating system and applications, and two X HD103SJ RAID 1 for storage space. For the storage, I was also looking at the Spinpoint F4 HD204UI 2TB, but was not positive if a 5400 storage drive would receive gone any of the additional increase from the SSD OS/boot drive.

I also have a Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ and have not at all noticed it actually. Possibly you require re-mounting it so it is more constant - or use rubber mountings if your situation is increasing the sound. Excavation creates a least amount of sound. Not any of this annoying aged hard drive' sound. Oh, and for orientation, my situation is one with big 200mm 800rpm fans velocity at 25 dba, and a Gelid Tranquillo central processing unit cooler. So it is not such as I have a jet engine in my workstation drowning out the noise of my Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ, it is just that the Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ is silence.