Thread: Both the USB ports not working at all C655D-5048

Both the USB ports not working at all C655D-5048

Hi, I am having Toshiba satellite C655D-0548 with windows 7 operating system installed on it. Everything is working fine but the USB port is having a problem. I have not changed any settings but just cleaned some of the files and useless registry values using Ccleaner. I realized that both of the USB ports were not working when I connected my phone to transfer data. Even the phone was not charging. Can anybody tell me what is the problem.Is there any problem with the hardware.

Re: Both the USB ports not working at all C655D-5048

You might be having problem with the USB cable of your phone.try to connect with another usb cable and find out if the laptop is able to detect it. If your device is not detected then shutdown the laptop and after few seconds again restart it. Make sure that you plug out the USB connector from the USB port before you restart the system. Switch on the power button and after restart again try connecting your phone to the USB port.

If you are having problem with both of the USB port then try to reload your chipset driver. The USB drivers are also the part of this. After you have completed installing your chipset driver, restart your laptop. Now try to connect your device to any one of the USB port. Many often the drivers stops working due to which some of the hard ware or peripherals don’t respond. Before reloading the chipset driver make sure that you have made backup copies of your Toshiba Recovery disks.

If, reloading the chipset driver did not helped you then I suggest you to perform restore factory settings. Copy all your files from the hard drive of the system and make backup for all your data. As you are going to format your laptop it will reset your computer to its factory settings all your data in the hard drive will be deleted. After formatting, install the drivers and then connect your device to the USB. This will definitely solve your problem.

I reloaded the chipset driver and then connected my phone to the USB interface. There was no notification regarding the connection. So I formatted my system to reset to its factory settings. I reloaded the drivers again and now both of the USB port are working properly. Thank you all for your suggestions and support.