Thread: How to remove Windows 7 hotfix backup files

How to remove Windows 7 hotfix backup files

I hope you have understood the title that I have specified above. Well I just wanted to ask you all that is it possible to remove the hotfix backup files in windows 7. It was possible to remove the hotfix backup files in the windows xp but I am not sure whether the same is possible is here as well. So anyone who has any idea on how to carry on with the solution then do let me know about it. As I want to get it removed as early as possible. So any solutions doe reply fast i am waiting.

Re: How to remove Windows 7 hotfix backup files

According to me all the files do get stored in the following location %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download and hence I would say removing files from there would be a nice option for you. So do have a look at the location that I have given you here and do trying deleting all the files from there. Well there are lots of disk cleaning mechanism, present in the system and one such good example of that is the disk cleanup tool.

Yes you can simply remove the backup files using the TuneUp Utilities 2010. Well I do the same thing with my windows 7 32 bit operating system and hence It is the best possible mechanism that I can suggest for you. So do have a look at the tool and I am sure that it will be a lot of help for you. This is the case with my windows 7 32 bit and I am not sure about this method would be successful for the windows 7 64 bit as well.

If you ask me I would definitely recommend you to make use of the Active@ Eraser for Windows application. Just download it from its website. The best part of this application is that it is able to permanently delete all types of files like temporary files, history files, recycle bin, cookies, auto complete lists and other personal settings. Any recovery software would not be able to get anything form the system. It will delete it off permanently. I recommend this because it deletes it permanently from the system and also creates a less backup space. So I hope you have got the necessary information.

Ok thanks for the information I did get some vital information and I must say that all were quite informative for me. I will definitely have a look at all the mechanisms of the deleting software and will accordingly implement it. So thanks a lot for all the information that you have provided and that too very quickly. So now all the hotfix backup files have been removed. so thanks a lot for that.