Thread: Canon Digital Rebel 300D unable to locate the drivers in my laptop

Canon Digital Rebel 300D unable to locate the drivers in my laptop

I am having a old Canon Digital Rebel 300D with me and I don’t have any problem with it. The issue is that I am not able to locate the drivers for my new laptop with Windows 7 64X. I actually don’t find the drivers in laptop for my Canon Digital Rebel 300D.So can anyone help me as the Canon is not supporting the drivers. So please help me on this issue immediately as I am looking for the answers.

Re: Canon Digital Rebel 300D unable to locate the drivers in my laptop

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and I would like to tell you that when you connect the Canon Digital Rebel 300D then does the windows try to load the generic camera drivers. If not then there is surely some problem because this shouldn’t be the case. Actually when you connect the Canon Digital Rebel 300D then the windows should load the generic camera drivers.May be you can try out this and see if it works for you or not.

I would like to ask you that when you connect the Canon Digital Rebel 300D to the system then do you set it to operate in PC mode. I would recommend you that you should always set the Canon Digital Rebel 300D to operate in PC mode once you connect it to the computer. I am sure this will help you the next time you connect it to your PC. Once you do that then the Canon Digital Rebel 300D will be able to locate the drivers in your laptop.

Even I am facing a similar kind of issue and don’t know what to do. I just had a look at the solution that are mentioned out here and would tell you that I haven’t used it though. But I don’t understand why a window does not try to load any of the drivers. According to me they should actually try to load the drivers. I feel that there is some kind of problem with the Canon Digital Rebel 300D and I just need to check whether it is working properly or not.

According to me what you need to do is that you need to check your Canon Digital Rebel 300D manually and see that it is set to PC mode. Once you do that and once your computer detects the camera then the drivers should get loaded automatically. Also you can try to follow another process where you can select control panel followed by devices and then printers and then you need to click on add devices. This may help to fix the issue.

Thanks a lot for all your replies. I just had a look at the answers and would tell you that the solutions that are provided will be useful to me. I haven as of yet worked on them but I am sure that they will be useful. Also I would tell you that I checked my Canon Digital Rebel 300D and they say that there is no problem with it. So I might again try out the procedure that is mentioned over here to solve the problem. I would thank you for the solutions that are provided to me.