Thread: Upgrade my LR system in Logitech squeezebox boom

Upgrade my LR system in Logitech squeezebox boom

I have a Squeezebox Boom in the kitchen and love it. It is well integrated with my PC where I have my music collection. Squeezebox purpose server, internet radio set, etc. I would like to upgrade my RL used to be the main source of music with an age level, but the top (at the time) Kenwood components. I'm confused on the most sensitive product for purchase that provides a wealth of options for connecting new speaker configurations for the large room where the television, game items, etc reside. The duo see, touch and high-end conveyor. Could you give me advice on what to buy that will give me more options in the future expand and better sound quality?

Re: Upgrade my LR system in Logitech squeezebox boom

I have at least one of all products, including conveyor. All my audio settings you are using some form of SB as a source player and I'm very happy! I recommend you get the TOUCH. Will be an excellent source, and if you want to feel better, you can always add a high end DAC the touch. But I'd get the touch, the snap hook, and then see what I thought. If I had started with the Touch possibly would not have bought the Transporter. Obviously, the touch was not obtainable while I purchased the Transporter!

I have a very nice amp / tuner units to surround speakers. I had a CD but using the DVD / VCR deck for playback, which is rarely now. Not sure which one fits DAC now. What connect the speakers? I need new speakers as well. I "m assuming you end up with something like the duo, a sort of" driver "of the device to hook speakers to? Also need to ensure that the interface of the DVD player and TV in the game. I know there million permutations of this. Is there a setting that is intuitive and logical and keeping his options open for the future?

Based on your necessities and how much to expend. The ordinary amplifier for all your needs of an integrated digital controller (audio / video receiver), which would connect all your workings and speakers, then simply select the device you want. Most entries have multiple options HDMI input, analog L / R, digital coaxial, digital optical. The AVR will already have a DAC. If you went with an exterior DAC it would be Touch > DAC > AVR. On the other hand the Touch's DAC is fairly good all on its own.

The catch with the modern AVR is that they mostly operate in the digital domain so this usually means that any analog input device is converted back to digital by the regulator. This means a dual D / A conversion so if your touch has agreed to the AVR via analog that is what will happen: digital file> Touch is converted to analog AVR> rehabilitated back to digital AVR> processes when necessary (such as bass management) > AVR converted back to analog AVR> send to an amp> speakers. When utilizing digital inputs on the AVR only then, the regulator is doing the D / A. But then the DAC is better than the AVR device in the source CAD?

More than person has given a great overview. Please think about all this and post any questions. We are always pleased to give our two cents. Think of the SB player as equal to the CD or DVD. It affixes to your receiver, preamp or amp to send the audio, but it is not the same amplifier. That is, you cannot just connect the speakers to your CD player, you need intensification. Obviously they make speakers that have integral amplifiers, but we're not talking about that at this time.