Thread: Why can’t I get the WD raptor to run at 6G

Why can’t I get the WD raptor to run at 6G

I contain 2 HD's. One is SSD sata III and it is operation on 6 gigs. The additional is the WD raptor which is similar to 6G rated. Other than it’s simply running by the side of 3G. Both are on top of sata III 6G cords and mutually plugged into the Intel 6G sockets scheduled the MB. Why can’t I obtain the WD raptor to sprint on 6G? Please suggest me something. I try to find about this on internet but no success. Share your knowledge and ideas with us thank you.

Re: Why can’t I get the WD raptor to run at 6G

I am facing same difficulty. I emailed WD and got an answer that I cannot understand, maybe you can. "I'll be too much pleased to help you. To answer your question, do not really need the bridge in this unit, so if you have an installation with this unit, remove it, also bare in mind that 6 GB / s is the maximum speed can reach unity, but this does not mean that will run continuously at that speed, it varies depending on usage you are giving to the unit at this time.

Hello I am having same problem. I tried with the BIOS settings and sata 6 is absolutely enabled. I make use of a program called Intel Rapid Storage Technology Which from what I am able to observe provide information on every HD and definite things can be altered. For my SSD it articulate "transfer rate 6Gb". For the WD Raptor it articulates "transfer rate 3Gb".subsequently, I don’t be acquainted with what else to perform. I make use of the WD drive for programs and backups.

Hello even I am using the same program which is you are using. That is Intel rapid storage technology.
    Which from what I am able to observe gives information on every HD and confident things are able to change. For my SSD it articulate "transfer rate 6Gb". And For the WD Raptor it articulate "transfer rate 3Gb". Intel Rapid Storage Technology is the name of the driver package meant for your chipset and incorporates utilities to supervise the drive position and RAID. It’s reporting "transfer rate 6Gb", so it is similar as per my system status so what’s the problem with you.

I am included touch in the company of WD and one of their engineers in point of fact called me on my cellular phone. He mails me a file which had to be sprint from a command prompt. He essentially stayed on top of the phone when I accomplish it. Anyway, we sprint the file however no fortune, later than we hung up I rebooted and there it was, 6GB transfer rate. So the file performing, I thanked him at the appointed time and at the moment together HD's are reporting 6GB's.