Thread: Help..trying to build gaming computer...Please?

Help..trying to build gaming computer...Please?

Well, I basically would love to build my own gaming computer..the only problem is I have no idea how to. Ive heard people tell me its easy so I would like to try it my self. Ive been trying to look up parts for building this computer and this is what ive found..please take into account that I really dont know what im doing:

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX470 Superclocked 1280 MB DDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card 012-P3-1472-AR

Processor: Intel Core i7-870 2.93GHz 8 MB LGA1156 Processor BX80605I7870

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333MHz DIMM PC3-10666 Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E Pro - LGA 1156 - Intel P55 - DDR3 - USB 3.0 SATA 6Gb/s - ATX Motherboard

Hard Drive: Western Digital 2 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive WD20EARS

Case: Cooler Master HAF ATX Mid Tower Case, RC-922M-KKN1-GP (Black)

Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel Core i7 and Core i5

Drive: LG Electronics 10X Blu-ray SATA Writer Drive with Software WH10LS30K - Bulk (Black)

Well thats what I got so far. I dont know if im missing anything or if any of these parts are compatible with each other. Im planning on buying this pc some time this month. and I guess my price range is around 1500 for all...I am willing to go a little over. I already have the monitor and all that which is an LG W2286L 22-Inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor (Gloss Black)...unless theres something better out there or it wont be compatible for some reason...as you can see i need help..thanks for your time.

Re: Help..trying to build gaming computer...Please?

I also need to mention that I have no idea what overclocking is or how to do that...

I guess no help for me...thats all right...thanks anyways ^^

Quote Originally Posted by j.favela View Post
    I also need to mention that I have no idea what overclocking is or how to do that...
    I am very weak in terms of hardware or assembling a PC. Hence i dont have any idea about all these. But still, as i want to help you in some way, while searching for the same i found some similar articles / discussion here in the forums. Hope you will get enough idea for your problem, you should check them out:
    http://forums.techarena.in/hardware-...ls/1361439.htm
    PLS HELP!!! Building/buying Gaming PC
    Require a New PC for Computer Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Crista View Post
    I am very weak in terms of hardware or assembling a PC. Hence i dont have any idea about all these. But still, as i want to help you in some way, while searching for the same i found some similar articles / discussion here in the forums. Hope you will get enough idea for your problem, you should check them out:
    http://forums.techarena.in/hardware-...ls/1361439.htm
    PLS HELP!!! Building/buying Gaming PC
    Require a New PC for Computer Gaming
    thanks a lot sir