Thread: How can I download driver for HP Color LaserJet 5

How can I download driver for HP Color LaserJet 5

I contain a network of HP Color LaserJet 5. But I am facing problem with it. The dim lights as soon as I turn it on and you are able to smell the ozone. There is no driver in the list of printers win 7. HPS web page says you be able to get it from Windows Update. The question is how I am able to force the download - I have to attempt to connect directly in the company of a parallel cable or something, so it tries to connect and play it? Please help me to solve this.

Re: How can I download driver for HP Color LaserJet 5

When it comes to Windows Update in this circumstance, is not talking about usual Windows Update, however the button tag well in the "Add Printer" / "Install printer driver" dialog. This adds a lot of printers that Windows 7 is known. I have a driver for my HP930C that technique and I observe that now has a driver for "HP Color LaserJet 5/5M PS", which can be anything you need. That sounds like a PostScript driver, but if it works.

That worked, even though I do not observe a specific CLJ PCL 5 driver. At present you can see a PS driver and a generic CLJ PCL driver, mutually of which print refuse. I think I'll have to dig a little deeper. I have not spent much time looking. Got it for free off craigslist - has some quality problems the first pages of rare out, you need a few more pages of quality to be good. In addition when I turn the obsession, the lights in my whole neighborhood dark.

Yes, they do similar to the power, I simply activated when I want to print. The good thing about these printers is that all parts of the printing mechanism can be changed, and the toner is very cheap. Make the test as yourself and see the report, there is a consumer-level report on it. See what's in the past. If I had to presumption this is the transfer belt (cheap) or drum (not so cheap). EBay observe for supplies, there are a number of good compact for this printer. Also, do not count on the coating roller. They are cheap too, and caused several printing troubles when I first obtain my "5." I'll allow you know if I can locate a solution to the difficulty of Windows 7.

I have the similar driver problem with my driver. I in fact paid for mine a few years ago and had it network and it works fine still does a machine through both XP and Vista. My latest Windows 7 machine is the one with the problem. I really think Windows 7 is deliberately providing bad drivers so you have to give up buying a new printer which is their approach of helping the economy. Does anyone know how I am capable of copy the driver for my machine vision and force to install Windows 7 on my machine? Where is it accumulated and how do I establish it?

It's good to know that even performs on top of Vista, you should be able to copy the Vista driver and keep it running, but I do not know the details. I'm critically allowing for buying the memory chip eBay Postscript (about U.S. $ 35). Because I understand the default driver of Windows 7 is actually a PS controller. The LaserJet II Series works in Windows 7 for Color LaserJet 5 (PCL), although it becomes a printer from B & W printer. It's better than nothing. If somebody discovers a working color drivers then please send!

Hello I found solution on it. Go to support.ricoh.com. And download the PCL 5c driver used for your Windows 7. I had previously installed the driver in the series II, who worked for B & W. So now download and after that extract the driver and piercing to the control panel of the Series II to the fresh folder. When request about what version you used the MP C2000. And now I can print in color! Some options do not apply, but I ignored them. The key to this solution was that I learned that the HP Color Laser Jet 5 uses command language PCL 5c of this site. That little "c" is the key. Then an easy look for PCL 5c drivers used for Win7 capitulate the Ricoh page. Now I know what to seem for, I'm sure there are some better drivers out there, but I think I've finished watching. If someone finds a better driver please do so.