Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Umax Astra 4100 scanner driver

Hardware Peripherals

Old 05-04-2011

Umax Astra 4100 scanner driver

I had been using Umax Astra scanner since a long time. Currently I am using Microsoft Windows XP on my desktop system. After say a month I wanted to scan a document for my personal use and store it as a soft copy on my system. When I turn on my scanner it asks me to install the drivers for my scanner in order to use it. For this purpose I was unable to get the CD I got along with the scanner when I had bought it. Is there anyway where I will be able to use my scanner? Please help!!

Old 05-04-2011

Re: Umax Astra 4100 scanner driver

Try rolling back your device drivers for scanner by following the instruction given below:

1. Right click on your My Computer icon from your monitor
2. Go to properties
3. Go to hardware tab
4. Click on device manager
5. A list of hardware devices will be in front of you
6. Select scanner from the list
7. Go to its driver
8. Click on rolling back driver option
9. Click on OK
Old 05-04-2011

Try downloading the driver from your vendor support website. For this you will just need to type your vendor name along with support and you will get a website from it. Go to the website type your model number. Now check for the latest driver for your scanner and download it. Care should be taken while downloading it from the website that it should support the operating system installed onto your system and be compatible with it. Or else I would not run and your scanner would not run either.
Old 05-04-2011

When you had downloaded the drivers into one of your drive then connect your scanner to your system and follow the instructions as given below:

1. Click on start
2. Go to Control Panel
3. Double click on add or remove hardware
4. Now it will open a dialog which will check for any latest hardware been attached to it
5. It will detect your scanner now
6. It will ask for the file
7. Checked on specify from file location
8. Click on next
9. Browse the file where you had store it
10. Click on OK
11. Click on Next
12. It will now load your drivers if not then try downloading other from the internet
13. Click on finish

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,