Thread: LaserJet 5l printer driver missing in windows 7

Mykola Guest

LaserJet 5l printer driver missing in windows 7

Hello, I have purchased the LaserJet 5l printer in the 2008. Before few days there is no problem present in the printer but, later on this will create the some problem. I don’t know but whenever we are try to print some data using this printer then it show the “Print spooler full” message and it will does not print anything on the paper. I have lost the printer driver CD. So can anyone specify that whether the problem is in the printer or my windows 7 operating system?

Re: LaserJet 5l printer driver missing in windows 7

Hey, I have faced the same kind of problem. In that time the printer will show some error message before print some text onto the paper. Sometimes it will start printing but does not print anything on the paper. Then I have realized that the problem is in the printer driver. So, I have uninstall the printer driver form the Windows 7 operating system and then install the LaserJet printer driver on the system. The driver of this printer is already provided by the windows 7 operating system there is no need to take extra CD or download some driver onto the internet.

Hey dude, I think you do not know about the LaserJet 5l printer. This printer is most popular printer in the market for previous days. This LaserJet 5l printer is to be inexpensive as compared to the other printer which is presents in the market. It will print four pages per minute and the quality is so good compared to the other printer hence the driver of this printer is already provide d with the some popular operating system such as win XP, Win vista, win 7 operating system. So, you does not need to purchase the driver CD it could be already provided by the OS.

The printer you purchased is most popular printer in the market. The reason behind that is to be this printer supports the high quality printing and it provides the resolution of the 600 x 600 dot per inch. So, I think you know why it is most popular in the market. As per you mentioning in the problem that you need the driver of this printer but may be you does not know that whether the operating system is 32 bit or 64 bit but this printer does not need extra software for installation purpose so, you need t follow the regular process. This will help you a lot to solve the problem.

Hey, I also faced this kind of problem. In that time, I have use this printer and it had to be creates some problems for printing so I have try to reinstall this printer by first uninstall it and then install it without using extra software but at the time of installation I have see that the proper driver of this printer will not presents in the default printer driver list. So, I have firstly downloaded the driver form the internet and then try for installing the printer. Now this printer works very well.

I also faced the same kind of problem but I do not need to uninstall the printer. I have firstly checked the driver of the printer is whether correctly install or not. I see that the printer is installing correctly and then I have check the print spooler works correctly or not. The print spooler will show that there is so many documents are pending in this one so, that’s way the printer have some problem. Then I have immediately canceled all the pending documents from the print spooler and this will help me to solve the printer.

I realize this is an old post, but there may be people out there looking for an answer to this, yet.
    I had problems with my LaserJet 5L using XP and Windows 7 operating systems. I found that if I used a different model's driver it worked:

For XP, the Epson ActionLaser 1500 worked great for a long time.
    For Windows 7 (Ultimate 64-bit), the HP LaserJet III driver appears to work just fine--I've only done this recently.

While I haven't tried this with Vista, I would bet the LaserJet III is a good possibility.