Thread: USB Saitek Keyboard does not work in boot select screen

USB Saitek Keyboard does not work in boot select screen

Well this problem is quite strange. Well what happens is that whenever while booting especially after the bios screen appears and if you are a dual boot machine user then you might get a option of selecting between any two os. So in my case it is windows xp as well as windows 7. So what happens is that when the boot select screen appears the highlighted selection gets appeared and if we want to change it then we cannot change it. Only time of 30 seconds is given to select and if we do not make any changes then whichever selection is specified then that gets selected. In my case windows 7 is the default and after the windows gets started then the keyboard does works fine. I hope you have understood my problem. What suggestions do you have to give here? If any then do let me know about it.

Re: USB Saitek Keyboard does not work in boot select screen

Looking at the problem I would definitely say that there has to be some changes made in the bios itself. I don’t think so there is any issue that is related with the driver. So for that I think you must make some changes in the bios itself, well let me admit that I do not have much idea about what changes to make in the bios but definitely do have a look at the usb option. See if there is any option that is disabled then try enabling it. This is what I have to say here. I hope you have got the necessary suggestion.

Hey that’s so nice of you such that you have taken some effort to help me answer the question. So thanks a lot for the help. By the way it would be great if you all could tell me in which bios option that I would have to make some changes. Anyone else who is having a look at this problem then please do get back to me with the appropriate response. Yes, I know that the driver is not to be blamed here but still if there is some change to be made then I would be happy to incorporate some changes as well. So any more suggestions then they are welcomed.

Yes surely I would be happy to answer this problem for you. So what you have to do is that go to the bios setting, in the bios setting go to the legacy usb support enable it and from there select the DOS USB support enable that too as well. So these are the options that you think get enabled on its own but it is the other way around. So that’s what my suggestion for you. Do make the necessary changes in the bios and I am sure that you will get some appropriate result. Do get back to me if you have got the perfect solution.

Hey you are great. I cant believe that helped me. Now I am successfully able to select the option that is there in the boot select screen. I was not expecting this solution to work but surprisingly it worked and I am very happy about it. So thanks a lot for all the help that you have given here. I am very happy with the final outcome and all the appreciation goes to you. Now i am successfully able to boot in the windows xp. So thanks a lot for that.