Thread: The case fans unable to spin on new build

The case fans unable to spin on new build

I just formatted the hard disk drive installed Windows and installed the drivers. Now I don’t have any issue at all and it runs really smoothly. But the problem that occurs is that the case fans are not spinning at all. And for me this is a big problem that I am facing as I like to play games a lot. I would tell you that each fan had a four pin power connector. What I did was get my power supplies for pin power connectors and connect them all up. So I just want to know the solution to this issue immediately.

Re: The case fans unable to spin on new build

I just had a look at your question and feel that you may have a faulty PSU. If you claim that the case fans are plugged in and not spinning then surely the PSU must be the issue.So may be the only solution to this would be that you need to check the PSU first.If the PSU is proper then there might be some other issue but if the PSU is not proper then you need to change it quickly and I am sure that it will fox the issue immediately.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I just had a look at your question and feel that actually the PSU must be the one that is the main issue. I would tell you that next to each of the four pin power that were plugged there was a little fan controller switch. Then I just switched then on and none of them responded properly. They just didn’t spin properly and stopped immediately. So is this due to the power issue or is there something different that is related to this issue.

I think that you should try a rather simple solution where you can just flick the fan gently and may be it will start turning immediately. If you have already used this solution then you can just check out the connections an see if they are proper or not. It may be the case that you are may be trying to run it from a 5V instead of a 12V source. Also one more thing that you can do is that you can try various combinations of connections that may work for you.

I would ask you that are you sure that you have to have that fan working. I am asking you this because if the temperatures are fine without it then what you can do is just try to disconnect. Also remember that you can always do the repair later if your temperatures start climbing to unacceptable levels. Such time there is a large cooling and sometimes seems very much. Maybe the fans that you are using are itself not proper and they are the one that is causing you the problem.

I need to ask you certain questions like what kind of brand you use for the fans and how many rails are present. Also I hope that you are not using a 350 watt single rail with the 12.3amp PSU. Because according to me that is not possible. Also the red one is of 5 volts and the yellow one is of 12 volts .Also does your fan move smoothly. One more thing you can try is that you can spin it both ways for a while and then see does it help you or not.