Thread: How to connect two keyboards to a single computer

How to connect two keyboards to a single computer

I have two keyboards with me right now and I am planning to connect both the keyboards to the computer. I am planning to go for this because I can then control it from two different rooms i.e. from the computer room & also from the living room where it's connected to the TV. I would tell you that currently I am using a USB mouse and my PS2 mouse port is free. So is there a anyway to connect the extra second keyboard to the PS2 mouse port so that I can make both keyboards work at once. If yes then please do get back to me immediately.

Re: How to connect two keyboards to a single computer

I just had a look at your questions and feel that this can be achieved. The thing is that Windows XP will let you connect a PS2 & USB keyboard at the same time. But I feel that you just need to check it once because I feel that it is achievable but have never tried it nor seen anyone trying this in the past. Also on more thing that you can try out is that you can go for a remote control wherein you can operate the PC the way you want. You can go for a remote control like the ATI Remote Wonder.

Even I had a similar issue and I managed to connect two keyboards to single computer using one PS2 keyboard and one USB keyboard. But if you try out this then the problem is that Windows XP will see them as single keyboard. In other words you can say that they will be functioning as one keyboard. I had the need for two keyboards because I like to use two keyboards to play computer games with two players. Also I got the information that it was possible but I didn’t get the actual information about how to go about it.

I just had a look at this question and I would like to tell you that I already have a single cordless set with me. So my question is that is it possible to add a second cordless mouse and keyboard of a different brand so that I can play games with single mouse at the machine. Also can I use the other mouse on my TV in the other room for watching movies and mp3s? Please get back to me on this as I am really waiting for the solution for this from long time.

Even I have a similar kind of problem when I am interested in connecting two keyboards to a single computer and provide different control to two different users. What I am thinking is that I should split the window for each of the users to view different things and control differently .What I am saying is that two MS Word can be used at a same time using two different keyboards. So is that possible and if yes then do get back to me immediately.

Thanks a lot for the solutions. I just went through the solutions and felt very good about it. I am happy to know that it is possible to connect two keyboards to a single PC. Also I haven’t tried out the solutions that have been given but I feel that they will surely be handy to solve the issue that I am using. So I would once again like to thank you and appreciate you for the solutions that you have provided to me to fix this issue.