Thread: How to connect two keyboards and two mice to a single computer

How to connect two keyboards and two mice to a single computer

I have been thinking of this from past many days but I am not very sure that it can be possible or not. I am thinking that is it possible to connect two keyboards and two mice to a single computer. I recently got the news that we can connect two mice for a single computer. So if that is possible then I feel that connecting two keyboards and two mice to a single computer is also possible. So can anyone tell me how to go about it because I am in need of this?

Re: How to connect two keyboards and two mice to a single computer

I just went through the question that you have posted and feel that it may be possible to connect two keyboards and two mice to a single computer. But I am very much unaware of it though. I think that there is no such device that connects two keyboards and two mice to a single computer at same time. I guess that this is due to the issues that occur when two users are attempting to work with a single system at the same time. So maybe you need to look out for some other solution to solve this.

According to my knowledge the keyboards and mice are USB .So as they are USB’s you can plug then in as many as you want. Even I have a similar situation and what I did was that I had a mouse that was plugged into the PS2. And this was plugged in the normal mouse port. And then the other one was plugged into the USB under Windows XP .So looking at this solution I guess that this should also work for the keyboards. So you should definitely try out this solution and I am sure that it will be helpful to you.

Looking at you question I feel that you could be playing more number if games. If that is correct then what you can do is that you can have two mice and keyboards connected to the computer. If you do so then they are going to control the same mouse pointer and typing input. Then what this will go is it will split your screen like it does in the multiplayer console gaming. So that will be really beneficial to you and I feel that you should go ahead with it.

I think that it is a bit difficult to achieve this kind of issue. I suppose that you can achieve this with the Linux but it is not very much possible with Windows. And you want this for gaming purpose then it is a bit difficult. If you use the keyboard and mouse that are USB’s then it might work. This is because I have seen that in major laptops you can use the touch pad which is USB wired internally and an external USB mouse at the same time. So this is the reason that what you are thinking might work for you. I would say that you can even go for virtualization if more than one person will be using it at one time though.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided. I just went through the solutions and really found them useful. I do have both the keyboards and the mice in USB mode and feel that it would actually be possible for me to achieve this. I will surely try this out and will see that it works for me or not. So I would once again like to thank you for the solutions that you have provided as they have helped me a lot.