Thread: Mouse pointer position change for no reason- Windows XP

Mouse pointer position change for no reason- Windows XP

Hello last month I have purchased the new branded laptop. This laptop will be based on the Intel core i7 processor basis. I have installed the windows XP service pack2 edition. I need some extra mouse with this laptop for easily handling the operating system. So, I have purchased the Logitech USB mouse. First few days it will help a lot for handling the operating system. But, there is some problem occurred in the mouse. There might be some times mouse position will be change for no reason. Can somebody specify the problem and its appropriate solutions?

Re: Mouse pointer position change for no reason- Windows XP

Hey dude, I also faced the same kind of problem. Last week I have use the USB optical mouse on my Dell Laptop but certain times something goes wrong and the mouse could not be working very well. That time I have firstly check the mouse cable but its fine then I have see that I have not use the proper mousepad. Optical mouse have the problem of not working well on transparent or reflective surfaces such as glass or highly polished wood. The use of mousepads with precision surfaces eliminates spot jitter effects of older and/or low-quality optical mice. So, after using mousepad the problem is to be solved.

Hey, I also use the same kind of configuration machine. I have purchased it in the last week but there is not problem in my laptop. I think you could be changing the driver setting that’s why the problem is occurred. So, I think you definitely need to upgrade the driver of the optical mouse. This might be helping you a lot for solving the problem. I think you need to try this solution. This could be affected for solving that kind of problem.

Hey Dude, I think the person who handled your laptop is might be change the mouse setting. The person may be you or might be the other person. So, I think Microsoft already consider that kind of problem at the time of building the operating system. In the control panel window they have provide the factory restoring options. So, you need to restore the mouse setting for solving that kind of problem. I think you can be checking this option. This can be helpful you a lot for solve the problem.

I also faced the same kind of problem in the last week. That time I have work on the windows vista operating system and also I use this machine for internet surfing purpose. So, the mouse setting will be change automatically due to the some viral infections. Then I have noticed this point and immediately I check the mouse speed which is increased very high. So, I have pushed the mouse speed cursor position into correct point. It will very helpful and now the optical mouse which I have used is worked very well without any problem.