Thread: Logitech Squeezebox Boom often loses connection

Logitech Squeezebox Boom often loses connection

With three new Squeezebox booms in the house, the sound fantastic. Each of them except occasionally lose connection to my Apple Extreme Wi-Fi, if they are together or separately. The rise shows “cannot connect” and goes to the default time / date display until restarted. I have to do this many times during the day, with the problem sometimes occur every few minutes, while at other times of boom broadcast music for hours. Aggravated, I attempted the whole thing conceivable. Check modem figures and signal - that is steady and satisfactory. The router (Apple Extreme) is typically the default settings. Then I attempted changing the channel of transmission of the Extreme from the default 11 to 9, then 7, then 3, no relief for the problem (thinking that there may be network interference). I have an iPad close by, and observed while you load a page especially great boom as well lost the signal. Has anyone else experienced the similar trouble? Any suggestions appreciated. Very annoying later than a obligation to this technology and product.

Re: Logitech Squeezebox Boom often loses connection

Try a peak near the Wi-Fi router; see if it holds a connection. Never use any other Wi-Fi channels 1 to 6 or 11 (or 13 in the EU). Utilize a program like NetStumbler (free) to see what channels are in utilize around them. Check that all network devices have an exclusive and dissimilar IP address. Make certain the SSID is a unique name (not Linksys or Dlink, et cetera.) Might even try a cable boom (have to go back to settings and select Ethernet) for testing. Google "Wi-Fi for Dummies" by some very good advice Wi-Fi signals. This is not intended as an insult, really, but some settings are marked very well and Wi-Fi signal strength base to improve access. Like putting G mode only, selecting the best channels to use.

Wi-Fi is not new to me. He previously separated signal in the 5 GHz dual-band router (Extreme), so that connections hold 2.4 and N G connections 5 (as IPAD). I know that the pen is G only. I have also experimented with other settings in the router (in vain). The name of the network and was very unique from day 1. Each arm has a unique IP address ... found that before. My inclination is to serious interference network. That's why NetStumbler channels and network analyzer ideas are especially interesting. I as well speculate if many wireless devices can hinder with each other when they are active at the same time.

Of course he meant no offense, but concluded its Wi-Fi equipment and skills to be minimal based on your previous comments on this related to Wi-Fi and computer programs. I am not relying on the problems of the pen, so based on:
    1. You said you attempted Wi-Fi channels 9 and 7, a common beginner's fault randomly choose other channels from 1 to 6 or 11.
    2. Obviously were not familiar with the search for Wi-Fi / detection / reporting software on your Mac.

That said, how is the rise of do now?

The boom is doing much better, with almost no interruptions. Once again thank you very much. 1. Knowing the preferred channels of the pen is not a problem in the computer novice, but rather learned by expenses time with the Squeezebox fades that the majority people do not. I do not see the suggestions of the channel in all documentation from Logitech. 2. The Mac does give information network Wi-Fi, but not by the channel. That comes with iStumbler. But nothing that would have made any iStumbler showed in my situation difference. With the exception of the recommended channels, everything else I already knew and had done before from the perspective of Wi-Fi and computer probably had difficulty in understanding and misinterpretation of my answers to reach their conclusions about my level of understanding.

Happy to hear the boom is doing much improved in Chapter 1. It was probable that Wi-Fi interference trouble. Assortment of Wi-Fi channels 1 or 6 or 11 is the common practice of Wi-Fi and has nothing to do with his own pen. You always want to select channel 1 or 6 or 11 (or 13 if available) to any Wi-Fi network. The reason it is ch crossing and interference. Example: Channel 4 may have interference from channels 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6. Chapter 8 may be interference from channels 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11. Therefore, the choice of channels 1 or 6 or 11 provides the best separation of radio signals and less chance of interference. My guess is that the channels 6 and 11 already in use near you therefore causing interference, signal interruption of the pen. This is the reason we have the software to detect the Wi-Fi channel #’s can be very useful for troubleshooting Wi-Fi.